SW Who are ya...

300zxmarcus

Well-Known Forum User
Hi fellow Z fanatics. As you know i'm tasked to get us to know and see each other for the forthcomming time.

But, i need help.... I need to know more about you so I can arrange the meets that you want to attend.

So what do i need to know?

Well, Your location (bristol etc), Yor Car (240? 260? 280? 300? 350?), When is your car on the road? (March till Sept? All the time? Its not?), How far would you travel for a local meet? (I know some of us have limited milage policies :)) What kind of meet you would attend? (Something less than 10 quid? anything not held in a pub car park??)

PM or reply its upto you, the more i know, hopefully the better job i can do :)

Thanks

Marcus
mrogers@rac.co.uk

North Petherton (junc 24 M5), 240 (off the road), one day (although I can attend all year round dependent on work), probably up to about 50 miles, although I have swung down to the South Central meets (about 90 miles) before, not too worried about cost, unless you are planning something too spectacular which will cut into my rebuild budget :) Usually people are happy to pay entrance to somewhere (which isn't often more than £15 per head), and for a pub lunch/drink.

Don't forget (I'm sure Suzy & co have already said) that Mr. Kemp (membership@zclub.net) can provide you with a regional list, most people don't use the site at present (luddites!! ;) ).

Thanks mate

It might be an idea to post the regions that each group cover and who covers them.:D

grolls said:
It might be an idea to post the regions that each group cover and who covers them.:D
We do have a list of local group areas on the contacts page - but this is in the process of being up dated.
Would like to get a map with each area marked out - this was something that use to be published in the old Z Club mags - anyone got some free time to sort a map out for us, with each local group marked out?

Based in Bristol, and happy to attend anywhere within say 100 miles or so. Its a pleasure to drive and meet other zedders. Mine is a 93 manual TT 2+2 with only 40K miles on the clock. My other car is a .........................................Laguna Ugh. (its quite nice actually). Look forward to the first meeting under the new organisor, just to get aquainted.

Black Z32 300zx TT Manual
Puriton, Somerset (J23 M5)
Distance and cost not a problem

Im also South West Meets Organiser for 300zx.co.uk if any joint Club meets were to be organised.

Leg: I live in Petherton, haven't seen your car parked, I sometimes hang out at Double MM restoration on the way to Woolavy, small world :)

Ben and Dee Stapley. Castle cary, Somerset. 1972 240Z road/race ,white (older club members might remember it) Hope to have it back road legal next year. 1972 240Z (ex Datsun Holland group 5 race car) now running on the hillclimbs and sprints, not road legal lol. Would attend meets depending on race meetings and shift at work

Ben let us have the calendar of Hillclimb dates as soon as you have them - hopefully we can get a few of us to come and support you next year. Longleat was such a good day out last year, with the organisers giving us a Club Car stand etc - hope to repeat that day out.

will post the dates up on the race forum early next year and as they are confirmed but as a taster Gurston 22/23 april 28 may 17/18 june 16 july 27 august 10 september. I would imagine that ken dollen will be running those dates at gurston . Dee and I hope to be running in a few more events next year possibly Loton Park, shrewsbury. Harewood, Leeds. curbourough , tamworth to name a few. and just for skiddy maybe a santapod. Oh and hopefully one in france

Last edited by a moderator:
Yami and myself are up for at least one Santa Pod next year - were talking about staying over on the Saturday night so we are there bright and early on the Sunday - Marcus perhaps you could arrange a SW outing to the Pod and get a convoy of us going???

suzy said:
Yami and myself are up for at least one Santa Pod next year - were talking about staying over on the Saturday night so we are there bright and early on the Sunday - Marcus perhaps you could arrange a SW outing to the Pod and get a convoy of us going???
Could do. Ill add to my list :)

suzy said:
Why not pick a date when there is a good meeting on the sat with a rwyb on sunday, its a good reason for a beer on sat night when the bar is open.:)

We have to tie in with the Z Club Drag Race Challenge - not sure what rwyb dates Mike will be using yet - as soon as we have that we can fix a date

Will there be any chance of a track day next year. That should surely get the cars out on the road.

One confirmed Z Club event that involves a track session or two is Japfest at Castle Combe - 20th May 2006
Last year we had two Z Club dedicated track sessions - apart from the monsoon that occured during these session they were a great sucess!!!
For 2006 there will again be a Z Club Car stand and two track sessions - three if I get enough interest (wait until I post info up or check out the forthcoming Z Club magazine for details- don't want to block this thread up or e-mail me and I'll put up on the Japfest mailing shot for a booking form etc)

But Zoomer when are you going to turn red:rolleyes:

Back