Sunset Orange 280ZX!...

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I like this 280ZX which has been resprayed in LeMans Sunset 350Z orange!...

387021_5_full.jpg

387021_6_full.jpg

Cheerz,
JEZ

I like this 280ZX which has been resprayed in LeMans Sunset 350Z orange!.

I do too Jez.
Same old story in the UK with this one......We didnt ever get them

We didnt ever get them
Because, of course, the British buying public only like 2+2 auto versions of their Z models....:rolleyes:

If we had been allowed the coupe turbo targa version of the 280ZX the model might have had a better press and more may have survived to the present day.

280ZX R.I.P. - soon to be an extinct species on these shores....:(

Hi,
Although I would like a 2 seater 280ZX or 300ZX z31 if they were available, unfortunately my next ZX will have to be a 2+2 anyway, in order that I can transport my wife and daughter...I couldn't justify a 2 seater car only!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Still a shame that the steering wheel and that of the first generation 300ZX is s**t !
Nissan could have continued the sporting theme into the interior !

Hi,
Obviously some tastes were different back then!...Comparable cars of the time had similar interiors, for instance, the Celica Supra had a similar steering wheel to the early Z31.
One road tester when the Z31 was new, described the inerior as being "in the style of a seedy upmarket saloon"!
I think that now, as long as you get one of the subtler interior colours and a nice after market wheel, then the 280 and 300 interiors aren't too bad!...I like them!
Cheerz,
JEZ

My '87 Z31 has a nice Nissan 3 spoke wheel and I like it but the earlier Z31 wheel and the 280ZX wheels are horrible !

Agreed that Toyota also made horrible wheels (especially after the Celicas) but even the Celica (can't remember which model) that was available convertible, and in 2.0 ltr and 1.6 ltr versions had a nice wheel !

Why did Nissan go down from the 260Z /280Z and produce a vans' steering wheel ?

Back