Sunday Scramble - Bicester Heritage 6th Jan 2019

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Anyone else planning on attending?

Would be grateful if theres anyone based local ish who know whether there's been slat going down on the roads?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
It's been below freezing here in Northampton the last couple of nights so I think there will be plenty of salt about.
I don't think I'll be going.

Last edited:

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yeah they've been salting occasionally around MK so I wouldn't be surprised.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Blimey I have to admit I'd totally missed this one. Hmmm well I'm very tempted to go, but as Jon says it's freezing here atm. Just popped outside at 11am and the MX5 is frozen up as is everything else. If things improve I will go, but it's a long shot. I may even go but leave the Z at home :( I'll watch the weather and post here closer to the time if going.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks chaps, sounds like one to leave the Z tucked up safe, dry and salt free! Temperatures have dropped off massively this week, but being further South we've escaped frost so far.

I'll still be going, just likely to be in the MR2 instead...

TimW

Club Member
Hello Peeps,

Usually I would be attending this meet, but unable to do so this year.. darn it...I've always enjoyed the scramble and its usually been dry although bloody cold!..

TBH I had a bit of a time of it in December, hence my lack of presence on the forum.. :nopity:haha.. A couple emergency ops, sliced n diced a couple of times, a few complications and in n out of ICU, but all come good and was out late Christmas Eve, just in time for Santa... Apparently, I'd been in pretty bad shape for some time and the surgeons surprised I'd lasted it that long. Bloody marvellous people and all the support staff, well, just wonderful....

I'm a great believer in you are as well as you think you are, no point moping around and my recovery is going exceedingly well. I've lost a shed load of weight, came out a non smoker after a 25 year battle and all with no struggle, dieting or nicotine withdrawal.. I was high most the time. haha.. Fantastic.. that's what I call a result!..:thumbs:

I've a few months of convalescence, no riding, no driving or garage time, only short walks to build up strength etc.. I met a fellow biker in hospital, he's got a nice old triumph and we've set a date to be out for ride in early March, late Feb if we can, so all's good.

Well, that's sort of buggered up my plans for Addison's Z over the winter, but hey ho... I'm tempted to name it "Project Christine" as all owners seem to have gone through major ops.. haha.. I get her done though...

I've occupied my time the past few days by continuing where I left of in early December stabilising temperature and humidity in the garage. Will post up in "What did I do with the Z" and likely finally start the thread on Addison's Z now that I have more time on my hands.

Anyways chaps, have a great time for those that go.. will catch you on the next one!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Blimey Tim. I told you you should pack up the fags. Glad you're OK.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Sorry to hear that Tim, glad to hear you're at least on the mend! Hopefully catch up another time soon.

Great morning out, wasn't as cold as last year and a fantastic turn out. Just no Z's whatsoever, only a few JDM cars representing the land of the rising sun, the roads didn't look too bad in the end but I didn't want to risk it based on what I'd been hearing...

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
No Z's in the main area but spotted a 350z and 370z in the Pistonheads section, along with a lone S30 which seemed to have arrived late near the Porsche Stand.