Stock Spring Question

260Zues

Forum User
Hi all,

I have another question that someone out there can likely assist with please...

I removed the stock springs from 1978 Datsun a number of years ago when I started my rebuild.
I kept them paired up and labelled front/back ever since then but my son recently "helped me out" by cleaning them for me and he mixed them up! :smash:

There's a distinct difference between the front and back (one pair has more coils) and looking at my picture record, the ones with the extra coil came off the back, but I'm feeling the need to double check.

I'm thinking that the extra coil would be to carry more weight and so up front carrying the engine seems more likely.... Maybe they've been mixed up before I bought the car, so hence the double check of my picture records...

Google isn't much help so is anyone able to confirm maybe please?

Thanks again...

260Zues

260Zues

Forum User
Hi,

Thanks both,

The prompt replies mean that if all goes to plan this weekend, I should have a rolling chassis come Tuesday... :)

Thanks again...

260Zues

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If your springs are slightly different in 'wire' thickness the thicker wire goes to the rear.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Just noticed your from Wrexham I am only 15 mile away in Oswestry if you are stuck for any parts give me a shout as you never know what may be laying around here.