Spa-Classic - 25/26/27 may 2012

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just to let you know we have a few interested but they are shy!

I'm planning to come over again.

My problem is my daughter is getting married very close (date) to Spa. Also May is busy in the UK for Z events and my son Lee will hopefully be a father close to that date.

But I am planning to be there! :cheers:

zman240uk

Club Member
Missed this last year, so would be great to attend this year.
What's the recommendation re accomodation. Tent or hotel?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
What's the recommendation re accomodation. Tent or hotel?

Ken, last year we stayed in a famous hotel very close to the circuit but the rooms were poor, especially the shower and toilet facilities.

There are camp sites outside the circuit but none inside (unlike Le Mans).

Traffic was no problem last year so I would suggest a hotel rather than camp - however my cousin and his wife in their mid-sixties are camping at Stavelot.

It was so good last year just to get back to the hotel after a day at the circuit, have a beer and order food :thumbs:. Also Spa is known for it's changable weather.

I'm going to be looking at accommodation for a few of us so I'll update you.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 9

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I'm up for this but my only concern is the car not being ready by May so would be nice to know there is a spare seat going if I have to go zedless?.
Has to be a hotel for me though I don't do camping the thought of waking up in the middle of the night to John ******* in a bucket does not appeal to me :D

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Great!!! to see you all again

Inscriptions are openned!

challenge : to be more numerous than Miatas! :D

I'll post additional info this we for collecting all inscriptions

as a foreview, pricing will be :
1/ Billet : Enceinte Générale + Paddocks + Tribune
Ticket: General Admission + Paddocks + Grandstand Par personne / Each €.20

2/ Tours de piste ¨ Track Laps
Vendredi / Friday 25/05 ¨
-Session 1 = 90€
-Session 2 = 90€

Samedi / Saturday 26/05 ¨
-Session 3 = 90€
-Session 4 = 90€

Dimanche / Sunday 27/05
-Session 5 = 90€
-Session 6 = 90€

There is no info for number of laps yet on official web site but I expect to be close to last year (about 30/45 min each)

Accueil

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Hi friends!

First of all, I wish you an happy new year!

Last year Spa-Classic was great ! 15 Datsun Z and 2 Nissan (Z and GTR) was there! (from Belgium, France, Switerland an United Kingdom)
We were in touch at this time and here are we back !
Lot of fun, sunny weather, nice races and for some of us, fun on the track!
This year... we dream of a classic Datsun meeting of European Datsuns clubs!
At this time, for 2012, 5 (?) cars from UK, 4 from France, 1 from Belgium and 1 from Switzerland!
We are on a very good trend.

Here are some comments about the 2011 event :
french http://www.datsun-france.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3584&page=12
english http://zclub.net/forum/shows-meets-...pa-francochamps-classic-28-29-may-2011-a.html

Here are pics : http://datsun-france.com/index.php?...ew=category&id=445:110527spa-classic&Itemid=8

All the grids by Peter Auto will be there again: Classic Endurance Racing 1 & 2, Trofeo Nastro Rosso and Sixties’ Endurance. Other disciplines eager to participate in this great motor sport event join the club: the Group C already there for the first event and two brand new grids: the Historic Formula 2 and the Historic Formula 1 Championship.

If you want to attend, please don't let time going by!
2012 forum thread in french (but you can post in english) : http://www.datsun-france.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4171
2012 forum thread in english : http://zclub.net/forum/shows-meets-international/20758-spa-classic-25-26-27-may-2012-a.html

Pre-66 are OK and others are in happy few list.
You will mention that only 240/260/280Z and 350Z/370Z/GTR are mentionned.
Last year, I got extra agreement for roadster, 280ZX and 300ZX or classic skylines. I'll phone the organizer on monday to double check but... I am not upset at all that they would be allowed.

2012 Prices : (extract from http://www.spa-classic.com/images/stories/SPA_Francorchamps_Classic/pdf/2012/bulletin_engagement/SPA_Classic_Dossier_dengagement_clubs.pdf)
1/ Billet : Enceinte Générale + Paddocks + Tribune
Ticket: General Admission + Paddocks + Grandstand Par personne / Each €.20

2/ Tours de piste ¨ Track Laps
Vendredi / Friday 25/05 ¨
-Session 1 = 90€
-Session 2 = 90€

Samedi / Saturday 26/05 ¨
-Session 3 = 90€
-Session 4 = 90€

Dimanche / Sunday 27/05
-Session 5 = 90€
-Session 6 = 90€

If you want additional services from Peter, please see the pdf file (gala dinner, picnic baskets...)

To book, two processes are possible : Any booking process you select, please tell me how many cars to let me size our "Datsun/Nissan" area with organizer (prior end of February).

Process 1: (The easier for our coordination) - You choose to book through datsun-france club - deadline February, the 20th
---- fill in the Peter form or equivalent with name/address and forward it to me (nb it is address where tickets will be sent by me about two weeks before event)
---- don't add Peter's shipping cost but add for our dispatch : 4€ if you live in France (tracked mail) and 6.5€ for Europe + Switzerland (tracked mail + insurance)
-----proceed payment through paypal to tresorier@datsun-france.fr or bank transfer (paypal or bank fee at your cost)
For instance, 2 people/1 car/2 track sessions for Germany : 40+180+6.5= 226.50€ + potential bank fees

Process 2 : You select to book directly to Peter Auto - deadline March, the 15th
---- fill in the Peter form with name/address
---- follow the Peter's process BUT ask to be on Datsun/Nissan "datsun-france" area (organizer will be aware of it)
---- tickets should be sent directly by Peter at your address 2 weeks before event (Postage fees : 9€ for France or 17€ for outside France)
---- send me a mail to let me know how many you are.

Don't forget to take with your club flags and banners!

For accomodation of hotel, most of us will be in hotels close to the circuit.

Ps : If my poor english is not clear enough, please tell me!

:cheers:

Hub280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Expecting to meet you again this year, guys!!
I'll try to have the fresh water (upstream!) fridge as last year...:cheers:
No more Capri or anything else than a Datsun: I should be there with the 280ZX IMSA supercharged :D
Beside the reservations for entrance and track sessions, you have to hurry for hotel reservations...
See you there, and if you have any questions or help required, feel free to ask :thumbs:

Hubert (Hub280ZX here and on datsun-france forum)

racer

Club Member
Looking forward to seeing you guys again very soon.
Sylvan I've sent you a pm regarding track time.

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
I got answers yesterday

Friday and Saturday : track sessions are at lunch time for the first tag in entry form and second is in the evening.
Sunday : both are at lunch time.

So I recommend to you to take the second one if you go to track on Friday due to travel time.

Our club should be placed at the same area... along the "eau rouge" river :thumbs:

cheers!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
For those of us travelling from the UK on Thursday the Friday lunchtime session would be ok again and the favourite for me. The downside is that we wouldn't be with our friends from France etc.

The Friday evening session could be done as well but of course costs are rising then - they are already expensive at about £80 a time.

Friday will definately be the quietest time and if the sessions on Friday are now split then the lunchtime may be very quiet :thumbs:. The trouble with that is that any very fast driving will be more obvious to the officials and may be controlled more than last year.

Personally I would not bother on Sunday and relax watching the racing. In fact I am seriously considering travelling with Terry and not taking my 240 this time. That would free it up for a thrash at Mallory 5 days earlier.

Sylvain there are 6 of us from the UK: Me, Matt, John, Terry, Ken and wife. We are staying in Francorchamps Thur/Fri/Sat and Hockie Sun.

racer

Club Member
Ken I've sent you all the details mate. Seems that people want to do 2 sessions on Friday and one Saturday and one Sunday. Trust me you won't be satisfied with just one!

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
GReat!

I had some additional infos :

Friday ;

• session 1 is at lunch time
  • session 2 is in the evening
Saturday

• session 3 is at lunch time
  • session 4 is in the evening
Sunday

• session 5 is at lunch time
  • session 6 is at lunch time
280zx and 300zx are welcome despite they are not in happy few list (I had confirmation)

our Club area will be at same place compared to last year.
:thumbs: