Spa Classic 2016: May 13, 14 and 15

Hub280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
We are now considering accomodation, as this is the most critical issue for that meeting!
Datsun-France will have a stand/parking for all Datsun/Nissan cars, and I will come back later on the entry/stand tickets, with track sessions for those who are interested.

I had a chat with the owners at Val d'Arimont, and their site is not yet ready for reservation on the web for 2016.
http://www.val-arimont.be/
They gave me the avaliabilities for arrival Friday 13 and leave Sunday or Monday morning 16:

The cottages or rooms are following two reservation periods every week: Friday to Sunday morning as the "week-end" and arrival Monday leaving friday morning as the "week".
So if you plan to come to Spa on Thursday evening, the best will be a hotel on the way before Spa, or a hotel in Reims on Thursday evening and then have the nice ardennes drive on the Friday morning (drive is 3 hours from Reims).

The most urgent for Spa Classic is the accomodation as when it will be possible for reservation on the net, all possibilities will dissapear in a few days!

Cottage "Charme" is 458 Euro for the three nights. There is one independant bedroom for 2 and one bed in the lounge (4 persons max). Cottages are described on the website. There are 8 Charme cottages free at this date.
Cottage "family" is 526 Euro for the three nights. You have two independant bedrooms for 2 and one bed in the lounge (12 persons max). There are 4 cottages family free at this date.
You can choose a flat in the hotel side for 550 Euro for the three nights. This includes 3 bedrooms with 2 beds.. One flat is free at this date.
Villa is 969 euro for three nights, and there you have 4 bedrooms, so 8 persons minimum. One villa is free at this time.

Restaurant, bar, swimming pool, etc... are avaliable as résidents.

You have to call on the phone: 00 32 80 33 07 61 and make your reservation with credit card number (and this will be cheaper than with booking.com when avaliable)
They will ask for a mail adress for your written confirmation.

The Datsun-France club is having quite a number of places for the event.
You can easily have extra guys in a cottage if they bring necessary camping stuff.
Some are taking a cottage with the wife and children. Some others are just grouping up to 12 in a family cottage for the lowest price.

You can have your breakfast in the cottage as there is a kitchen, and you bring what is necessary (cups, glasses, heating and cooking Tools are there.)
We even had barbecue for dinner together, if the restaurant is not the wish for one evening.
When you make the reservation, you can tell you are from the Datsun-France group, and they try to organise cottages side by side.

I will come back with entry tickets with the stand parking, paddocks, and track sessions as soon as we have the official Datsun-France file opened.

Please confirm your attendance on this subject with nb of persons and nb of cars.

Wellcome to Spa Classic 2016 and the mythic Spa Francorchamps track!!

NB: This accomodation solution is just a proposal. You are free to choose your own, and we can group at Val d'Arimont for dinner if you wish. Entries and sessions will be avaliable for all, wherever you select your hotel, camping or car for sleep!

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Hello

I started the booking mailing yesterday

if you wish to attend, please send me a pm with your email :)

thanks !

I work to make my 240 back on wheels on time !

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
from 4"28 on http://replay.d8.tv/front/#/video/1271293

you'll recognise the T-Shirt of the fan club for the green machine :)

hope that the wine pot will be ready to play with you guys
phoca_thumb_l_P5260064.JPG

johnymd

Club Member
I had forgotten just how wet the track was at Spa. I remember fighting for position at the entry of Eu Rouge and wondering just how much grip there was before committing.

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
this is finally the only wet session in 5 years :p

and one of the most persistent in my memory :thumbs:

johnymd

Club Member
In the 15+ track sessions I've done at spa, this was the wettest with a shed load of fog and a hangover thanks to your wine sampling/drinking evening, thrown in.

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Les inscriptions sont encore ouvertes jusqu'au 18 Avril.
Booking is still openned until April 18th.

Voici le premier planning reçu hier de la part de Peter Auto; Attention c'est une version temporaire et cela évoluera encore !
Here is first timetable I received from Peter Auto yesterday ; take care that it is a draft version and will evolve !

Vendredi 13 mai / Friday 13rd May

Session 1 : Amateur/Beginner à 15:45 – 16:10
Session 2 : Initié/Skilled à 18:15 – 18:40

Samedi 14 mai / Saturday 14th May

Session 3 : Amateur / Beginner à 09:50 – 10:15 – COMPLET/FULL
Session 4 : Initié/Skilled à 12:50 – 13:15
Session 5 : Initié/Skilled à 16:50 – 17:15
Session 5 bis : Amateur / Beginner à 17:25 – 17:50

Dimanche 15 mai / Sunday 15th May

Session 6 : Amateur / Beginner à 12:50 – 13:15
Session 7 : Initié/Skilled à 13:25 – 13:50

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Not me :(

Engine should have cranked last Sunday... But starter is dead (it was a few months old when I stopped the car)

Bad luck!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 17

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Not me :(

Engine should have cranked last Sunday... But starter is dead (it was a few months old when I stopped the car)

Bad luck!

Surely you can find a starter motor - will your 280ZX one fit?

Perhaps you can repair your's - it may just be something simple.

Hit the solenoid with a hammer - not joking.