"Simply Japanese" - Beaulieu Motor Museum - Joint southern area meet

funkysi

Well-Known Forum User
beaulieu-motor-museum-1338215216.png

Simply Japanese - 3 August 2014
-
Joint South West / South Central / South East event!

Following the success of the Haynes Motor Museum meet that I managed to organise in a week and last year's Beaulieu meet on 300zx.co.uk, the southern REOs on 300zx.co.uk and myself are organising what could be one of the biggest southern meets our club has seen for many years for the summer of this year! This is aimed at the South West, South Central and South East regions, but of course, this is open to EVERYONE and we'd love to see as many attend as possible!
We had a nice little turnout from zclub members at the Haynes meet last year and we'd really like the chance to have you guys along again - since it's the 25th anniversary of the 300zx and the 45th of the S30 chassis!

Beaulieu Motor Museum is holding its yearly 'Simply Japanese' meet again this year - We did do something similar last year and got a good number there, some 30 cars - due to the anniversaries of the two cars we want to make this a joint region and multi club event and get the numbers up further!

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/club-rally/simply-japanese

Other than than Japfest at CC, we really don't have much going on south of the M4 in terms of large meets. This will be a great event if you're visiting solo, with another half, or with family!​
I have spoken with the event organiser and have arranged that we will have our own 'Z' stand, in addition, if you're wanting to go, please bring a Zclub banner too. I am also proposing that we try and get some sort of blurb into one of the classic car magazines too!​

There is a cost, but it's very small. £10 per person, or £5 for children. TBH, that's the same price as a pub meal!
Beaulieu is a great venue, the area around it is stunning, being in the New Forest, the museum itself is fantastic and there's plenty to do there for everyone - in essence, a great day out for all. I understand you get access to the Abbey, the museum and there are events for kids to do, birds of prey on display etc. If possible, later on down the line, I may try to get a pro-photographer along (my neighbour in actual fact) for those of you before the show who want to get some really good hi-res images of your cars - there may be a small cost to this also.​

Some photos of the Haynes meet from September.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here also are some photos from last year's Simply Japanese event.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a snapshop of the site with attractions for those that have never been before - it's vast!
Beaulieu-Orientation-Map.jpg

We aim to have various convoys to meet up at a pre-determined venue before a cruise to the event, I will also be putting this up on the 350Z and 370Z website.​
Hope to see you there! Please add your names if you're interested; we have already got 25 names down from 300zx.co.uk and the thread only went live a few days ago!

We'd love to build this event to over 40 cars as there were 30 last year! The aim would be to hit 45, the milestone of the 240z! It would be epic to make it the biggest turnout of any of the other clubs - this thread is up early to give members enough notice! :)
nissan-300zx-emblems-and-decals-117pic1.jpg

This will be a well attended event with 24 Z32's so far and numbers are growing so it would be good to have members of Zclub attend and make this even bigger. Simon our new REO has put a lot of work into this and it will be one of our biggest shows to be held in the South of England so get your name down guys and show some support in this year of Celebrations.
Gary Wilson Membership Secretary 300zx.co.uk

There was great attendance from zclub last year, pretty sure we got every incarnation available out last year including elusive 280 and z31 so hope we can do even better this year.

This will be a well attended event with 24 Z32's so far and numbers are growing so it would be good to have members of Zclub attend and make this even bigger. Simon our new REO has put a lot of work into this and it will be one of our biggest shows to be held in the South of England so get your name down guys and show some support in this year of Celebrations.
Gary Wilson Membership Secretary 300zx.co.uk

He certainly has - and if it's even half as good as the meet he organised for the Z/ZX clubs at the Haynes show last autumn, then it will still be a great event!

Great work Si; and get your names down to attend, let's see if we can hit 50 cars. We are already half way there.....;)

Richard:thumbs:

Just reviving this and starting to push, this little gem In the calendar is fast approaching, sneaking up us. Let start getting some proper numbers last year had a damn good turn out.

I have arranged a 'Z / ZX club' stand and have amassed over 40 names from the Z32 and Z33/34 owners clubs. We'd obviously all like to pitch up together, if you guys want to give me any 'confirmed' names, I can feed this back to the event organiser and we can get a large plot. Would be great to have some S30 chassis there!

I'm up for this again, I was planning on taking my 260z off the road this year for a rebuild but might drag it through another MOT.
I have a pic of the S30's there last year

cant upload the photos for some reason, just says failed.

Have to use your imaginations.... 3 in a row on the grass in the sun....

I don't think I would make an author with my imagery skills!!

They certainly looked lovely, wasn't one of them one three zeds offered up as the ten best cars in show. I believe a supra won, but 3 cars in the top ten is a bloody good show.

Good Russell!

Right, since only a small number have indicated that they're not going, I will ask for a plot that can fit up to 40 cars, based on the number indicated here, 300zxclub and 350z club.

Meet point to arrive in convoy is as follows;

Sizer Way
Dibden
Southampton
Hampshire
SO45 5JA
England

If you can be here for 9am, we can them leave in convoy for the final 10 minute drive through the forest to the venue.

hi

hi will try and make it have 240z turbo , and 260z turbo not sure which one will come yet ,julian

That's good, 2 or 3 from here. Looks like we're going to be approaching 50 Z cars there! I bet we'll be the biggest turn out of any model there!

Right, I have just reconfirmed with Caroline at Beaulieu of our numbers. She's putting plot together for us that can accommodate up to 50 cars and we'll be the biggest gathering of all other marques and models, so this is a good show on our part. Understand there are over 200 vehicles there on display, plus of course the excellent museum and theme park around it.

It should be an AWESOME day and the weather is looking like it should be reasonable for the Sunday too!

Can I please stress the pre-meet point and the respective times. Because of this event, its size and indeed our own size, we ALL need to arrive at Beaulieu at the same time, therefore we all need to meet at Tesco around 9am and we aim to leave no later than 9.20 (if anyone has watched the film 'Clockwise', they'll know that time well)!

See you on Sunday! :)

Looking forward to it, bringing 2 of my kids along for the day as well.

Normally only bring the oldest but middle kid old enough to start enjoying it as well now.

How many other S30's are coming along? Managed 3 of us last year.

Back