Serious Injury

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Grolls has asked me to inform you that Geoff Jackson's (owner of Fourways) wife was involved in a serious accident in Ireland and suffered a broken neck and spinal damage.
She is being airlifted home tommorrow.
Grolls is back home from Italy tommorrow and will be sending her some flowers
If any one wants to contribute contact Grolls tommorrow.

Yes Steve, I visited Fourways today, and heard the news, they had been in Ireland on Holiday, and were hit from behind by another car. Very tragic news, the chaps at Fourways were naturally very solemn today.
I will be sending my own well wishes Grolls, as im pretty familiar of course, but well done mate, I hope others will contribute to bring a smile out of this horrible accident.
Don.

for those of you that would like to send some flowers please PM me with how much you would like to donate and i'll forward them on from the z club...thanks paul.

Paul, makes more sense to do this as one, and i simply havnt had time yet, shameful i know, so can you accept a tenner from me, let me know how to pay you. I will send a card too from just me.
Don.

thanks don, waz me a cheque to.

p grafton.
32 ardrossan gardens
worcester park
surrey
kt4 7au

any one else?

i'll collate them and send off the flowers next week when i have the ward details...... thanks paul.

Cheque's in the post - thanks for doing this on behalf of the Z Club

Can i make a suggestion .... ? Well I am going to anyway :D

We have paypal - why not agree the wording on the payment details and anyone who wishes can send a donation in - give it say a fortnight and then buy some REALLY nice flowers and maybe a "get well" gift for Geoff's wife collectively from the club.

Different people have different opinions about Fourways but this has nothing to do with Fourways. Someone heavily involved in the Z Scene has been unfortunate enough to have a tragedy happen to a member of his family - we could do worse than collectively wish him and his wife well and demonstrably show support. If every member sent £10 that would earn us tremendous credibilty and would probably mean a lot to people going through a very hard time. Not the money, the sentiment.

Why am I bothered ? Because my wife broke her neck 11 years ago and I know just what they will go through with neck and spinal injuries.

If someone can put a simple "how to" up then I will gladly send some money in by paypal.

Cmon guys n gals dig deep. Love Fourways or hate them at a time like this a Z man and his family could do with a little show of support.

ZHead said:
Can i make a suggestion .... ? Well I am going to anyway :D

We have paypal - why not agree the wording on the payment details and anyone who wishes can send a donation in - give it say a fortnight and then buy some REALLY nice flowers and maybe a "get well" gift for Geoff's wife collectively from the club.

Cmon guys n gals dig deep. Love Fourways or hate them at a time like this a Z man and his family could do with a little show of support.

I chose to do it by cheque for one big reason.

Only a small number of people actually have a paypal account vs virtually everyone has a cheque book.

I will keep a running total in here....thanks

TOTAL RECIEVED SO FAR

MYSELF..£10
DON ..£10..
S BURNS.£10
SUZY .£ 10
ZHEAD .£20
amorcrace..£10
nick,mitch..£10
TOOPS....£10

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Grolls - PM in your box so to speak :) Please let me know and I will action straight away.

Don, i got your cheque today.....thanks.... shame about the rest of the club....no heart or compassion. p

grolls said:
Don, i got your cheque today.....thanks.... shame about the rest of the club....no heart or compassion. p
Er...am very sorry to hear such bad news, but I've never met anyone from fourways, dont know anything about them, and proably never will.. and though my sympathies go out to anyone in such a situation, are you criticising me for not sending a tenner? ..I hope not!

I lost a very good mate at the age of 43 weeks ago, he left 4 children and a beautiful wife..he died very suddenly in a tragic accident.I'm still gutted.

Its a lovely idea to raise some money to send flowers etc, but please dont criticise other club members who have never met or had dealings with anyone from 'fourways' for not sending money to people they've never met, and most likely never will.

Sorry, a very grumpy and touchy Simon.x

A fair point qunvat, I think Mr grolls means anyone having dealt with, or had closeness with them, May not be many, but i would think probably more than 5.
None the less, my sympathys to your friends family, its incredible how many people seem to be lost "so young" these days. I think weve all known someone to leave this world too prematurely, very, very sad.
Don.

qunvat said:
Er...am very sorry to hear such bad news, but I've never met anyone from fourways, dont know anything about them, and proably never will.. and though my sympathies go out to anyone in such a situation, are you criticising me for not sending a tenner? ..I hope not!
badly worded by me si, there are alot of ppl and businesses that have regular dealings with and cant be bothered lets hope the shoe is never on the other foot...... oh well thats life and sorry if i offended anyone needlesly....p

grolls said:
badly worded by me si, there are alot of ppl and businesses that have regular dealings with and cant be bothered lets hope the shoe is never on the other foot...... oh well thats life and sorry if i offended anyone needlesly....p
...no probs mate..i think i over reacted a bit to be honest!!...you and many others on this forum/club have been quite superb in their unselfish advice to me...I cant thank you all enough...

yeah, its terrible isnt it?..that mate was a great guy i can tell..very generous, always smiling, he was a top musicain whom i played with for years in the 80's.

I sincerely hope the unfortunate lady in the accident does make a full recovery, i also have a good mate who was hit by a windturbine a few years ago and has been in a wheelchair ever since.

Oh joy....Simon. (grolls...sorry mate...still love ya!)

Im always impressed by the amount of gentlemen and scholars this club attracts its nice to know we all sing the same tune most of the time.
(Not sure why they let me in though).
Don.

We will be putting a cheque in the post tomorrow. Do we make it out to P Grafton?
Thanks for doing tihs on all our behalf.........
Michelle & Nick & Abi

Back