Series......!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Just copied from Ebay (US) :

There Are Four Series Of Datsun 240Z's. THE SERIES I 240Z's - Produced from Oct. of 1969 through Dec. of 1970. They are identified by the fresh air exhaust vents located on the rear hatch. (some of these cars were also produced in the first few weeks of Jan. 1971 during the transition period) The Series I 240Z's were sold as 1969, 1970 and 1971 Model Year Cars here in the U.S. and North American Markets. (as they complied with all U.S. Emissions and Safety standards in effect for those years. There was not much change in the standards for those years.) Cars that arrived at the U.S. Ports after Sept. 1 1970, could legally be, and were, sold as 1971 Model Year Cars. (they could also have been, and were, legally sold as 1970 Model Year Cars! - however very few of them were, due to the price increase on the 1971 Model Year cars.) THE SERIES II 240Z's were produced from Jan. 1971 through Aug. of 1971. (identified by the fresh air exhaust vents relocated to the side or "C" pillar of the car, from their prior position on the rear deck lid.) These cars were also sold as 1971 Model Year Cars here in the U.S....So both Series I and Series II Z Cars were sold as 1971 Model Year cars.

Fantastic, that is soooo helpful. The Americans have obviously sorted out Nissan's inability to differentiate their own products so have kindly organised them into different series to bail out the very obviously stupid manufacturer :rolleyes:

That is aimed at the American who posted it on ebay Sean, not you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplifies it too doesn't it ;) !

There we were, thinking that Nissan employ a policy of continual, immediate improvement so that one sees mid-year changes and the yanks show us that in fact, Nissan had more versions of the Z over there than in the home market.........

Back