Second hand prices

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So what can one expect to pay for a cared-for Z33 ? What options, std packages were there to choose from ?

What should one avoid ?

Jimijitsu

Well-Known Forum User
SeanDezart said:
So what can one expect to pay for a cared-for Z33 ? What options, std packages were there to choose from ?

What should one avoid ?
also intrested in this as I want a z33 for my next zed in a couple of years

dav350z

Club Member
Residuals still seem to holding up well. Remains to be seen how the MY06 model might change this.
My car is 2 years old now. I paid £24350 for it. It is the base model with std alloys. At that time the GT pack option was another £2500 and a further £1000 for the optional Rays alloys.
I didn't consider the GT pack good value at the time and I didn't particularly like the Rays so I think my car demonstrates fantastic value for money for performance/handling etc.
The Gt pack consists of Bose stereo, leather seats, electrically heated and adjusted seats and cruise control.
I intend to change it for another within 12 months and have been offered £19000 in part ex, which is pretty impressive.
Don't think there is a model to avoid, just depends on level of equipment you want really.
My car has suffered from the infamous tyre feathering problem, which has been a pain getting the dealer to take seriously and I am taking it up with NMGB now. Other than that all it has cost me in over 20,000 miles is £370 for 2 services!!!
Dave.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
bloody hell for a base UK Z 2 yo with 20k miles to get 19k£ part ex I think it's a very very very very very good deal!

I'd consider changing it now then Dave, to be honest!

PS I do think the above valuation is a bit too high.

Also, there's the JDM route Sean, and they are much cheaper than the UK ones, mind you no good to you in France thinking about it :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm going to wait 10 years I think after another 50,000 have been sold and get one for less than £5000. No point in taking the JDM risk with so many Euro models to choose from. There's always some hairdresser who's never booted his car and kept the mileage down (no pun intended you guys with 350Zs) !

dav350z

Club Member
SeanDezart said:
There's always some hairdresser who's never booted his car and kept the mileage down (no pun intended you guys with 350Zs) !
Sean, can we clarify whether you are referring to the roadster here, or the coupe?!!!;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Would a hairdresser let their hair get all messed up in the wind.............................?

I should clarify that since 9 years, I haven't had much experience with hairdressers :) !