STEVE BURNS

Club Member
You can get it to work if you click on the search button
Then move the mouse to the left or right and it stays up
If you move the mouse down it disappears

Nidge74

New Forum User
Firstly, hover over "FORUM" DO NOT CLICK HERE

Wait for the drop down box to appear, click "search" and the pop up box should appear.

DO NOT move up or down, move your mouse to the right, the dropdown menu will disappear leaving the search box.

Yes, it is a pain in the arse, but unfortunately Russ is busy getting sideways in the rain, so isn't here to fix it just now.

Russ

Club Member
When did it start doing that?

I artfully gave them my menu code at work to use for a few sites, then pointed out some of the pitfalls and got them to work on some fixes. I'll see what we've come up with tomorrow and update it, IE6/7 should line up better, and then it's just a case of fixing this silly search system.

Cheers

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Hiya all. I think this may not be Russ' fault at all but a bug in the code of the flash animation I did for the superb DVD. It looks like the code is telling the animation to always stay in front and that is messing around with the Javascript russ has used on the menu. A quick fix would be just to swap the places of the animation with the classifieds section for now. I'm pretty confident it'll sort the problem out.

MY BAD!

Russ

Club Member
Nah my problem lies everywhere.

We thougth the flash vs javascript thing through at work, and don't think there is any way around it. I've already tried putting the flash in a layer below the menu but that doesn't work. I think it's just something we'll have to be aware of in the future, or I just do a different type of menu.

Hmmm

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Firstly, hover over "FORUM" DO NOT CLICK HERE

Wait for the drop down box to appear, click "search" and the pop up box should appear.

DO NOT move up or down, move your mouse to the right, the dropdown menu will disappear leaving the search box.

Yes, it is a pain in the arse, but unfortunately Russ is busy getting sideways in the rain, so isn't here to fix it just now.

I didn't try and click I was hovering, it will only let me have the first 2 options, if I go past the members list link it just disappears

Russ

Club Member
I think twoforty must be running IE6...

Hopefully should be fixed tomorrow, work allowing :( :)

zbloke

Club Member
I'm using IE6 and can't get the search function to work from the "Froum" drop down, the drop down disappears when you go below the second line, however I can access the search page by using this method;

From the home page click "New Posts"

At the top of the page you have the following line;

Z Club - 240z,260z,280zx,300zx,350z > Search Forums

Click on Search Forums and away you go :)

Nidge74

New Forum User
Please follow the above advice until the matter is resolved.

Cheers

Attachments

• searchy.JPG
    searchy.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.