Sato san's car

You found the inspiration for my car :D secret's out.

Having same wheels, same bumpers, clean engine bay etc.

This is IMHO one of the nicest S30s I have ever seen pictures of

for some reason i cant see the pics, just a blank box! any ideas cos sometimes my emails does the same ie; wont show the pics. if there is an attachment link i can view that way.

Try clicking "Making of S30"

There will be a rolling set of pictures - down the right hand side should be dates, click them and there is a picture or set of pictures behind each date.

No copying though :D

Could it possibly be, yep -- a FUEL INJECTED set up, now why on earth would any one want to do that :rolleyes:

SKiddell said:
Could it possibly be, yep -- a FUEL INJECTED set up, now why on earth would any one want to do that :rolleyes:
maybe he doesn't like the beautiful roar from tripple carbs of that era too!:D

i must admit, tb's were a consideration after i saw skidds, but i prefer carbs, the look, the roar and all those linkages but each to thier own.tb's will always give better results :D

Re Sato sans car -- damn thing kicks out over 320 HP (328 PS), but not much of it below 4500 rpm, cam looks really big on a 38cc chamber (ohh those chambers) giving best part of a 12:1 compression ratio.
Ah well he's only got 70 or so Hp on me:(

Superb build up, great engine, respect :cool:

Steve,

You should NOT trust the machine-translated Japanese to English from ANY website / webpage to give you the TRUE nuance or intent of the original Japanese.

Don't paint Sato san according to something that he categorically did NOT write.

Don't paint Sato san according to something that he categorically did NOT write.
Dear count I was not having a go at Sato san, like so many before me, I was poking fun at the translation engine. If you didnt realise my post was humerous (it started with a "ha" and ended with an "eek" icon) than you really do need to take a chill pill and lie down in a darkened room for a few hours.

The particular quote I used wasnt even from his site, it was from http://park20.wakwak.com/~kaicho/ which he links to.

So how could I have infered it was Sato san that wrote it as the site clearly is that of "Sky racing" and not the "Sato San school of english"

Certainly is a beauty! I love clean engine bays. And 320bhp!

I wonder how driveable and reliable it is?

SKiddell said:
International diplomacy ehh, he could work for the UN
So who was the "he" you referred to then?

You made it sound like it was Sato san and his car - the subject of this thread after all.........

I just want to make it CLEAR that it was NOT him. OK?

I think the comment needs clarification, "
I am a little disapointed Alan. I had hoped that you would have at least given me more credit than to be posting anything even remotely offensive or disrespectful, but still.

On with the show guys, now can we have an end to the constant sniping from all corners otherwise the thread gets closed and seeing as this one is of great interest (Sato san's masterpiece) it would be a shame as we can all learn something here.

My first question to Sato san would be "why use a heat shield with injection" no float chamber hence no fuel hanging around to get hot and vapour lock. We can take it for granted that it has been done for a reason so it would be interesting to find out -- discuss

Back