Robert Grant and early S30 European racing.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
And here we are - at least the title ought to please The Count !

How did Grant get hold of ex-works rallye S30s.....or is it PS30s or PS30-Bs ?

Re the Kyalami clip - the Z finished 6th against some top F1 names and impressive competition - this was fantastic and we've barely heard and sung praises about it !

SeanDezart said:
How did Grant get hold of ex-works rallye S30s.....or is it PS30s or PS30-Bs ?

HS30-00024 & HS30-00025

In one ear and out the other!

How did he get hold of them? He put himself in the right place at the right time when their carnets were running out, and paid for them. You need to chase up ex-Datsun UK ( Botnar era ) staff to find out the nitty gritty. Suggest you start with Mike Greasley.

SeanDezart said:
Re the Kyalami clip - the Z finished 6th against some top F1 names and impressive competition - this was fantastic and we've barely heard and sung praises about it !

There were TWO Works-entered 240ZRs in that race, Sean. One of them became the Le Mans car in '75 & '76.............

Are you cottoning on yet?

Looked like there were two and the film was fuzzy at my end, yes I know that one of them ended up at Le Mans....and the other ?

Sadly, most ex-works cars we hear about in Europe have been accidently destroyed !

But ex-works cars had 'HS' designations ? So works cars were not just the PS range ? What differeded then between an HS ex-works (group 4 prepared car) and a standard HS ?
I thought that the HS were 'bog standard' and all others alternatively designated !

Lining myself up for a machine-gunning here.....

Back