RHD - Ideally a '74

Wee Stevie

Forum User
Hi everyone,

Recently joined up as a new member due to the itch for a Z becoming harder to ignore. I currently own a MK4 Supra and would either sell to fund a purchase or would be happy to discuss a swap/px if anyone fancied a change of scenery. Money would need to come my way as I'm not in a position to throw any more towards the deal right now with a new house taking up my time and finances. I'd like to think the Supra could fetch around £40k if that gives an idea of budget. I'll attach a pic in case it sparks any interest.

Long story short on the request for a '74...the old man has a Spitfire of the same year that he attends shows with and entries are usually lined up by age. It would great to line up next, or close, to him. And the benefit of a Z is that they still have the pedigree to hold their own at newer car shows that I usually attend in the Supra. I've owned my car for 12 years now and have given up on the idea of classic shows moving their criteria out to newer eras. They just don't have the room at the ones I frequent.

Haven't quite wrapped my head around the point at which 240s gave way to the 260 etc. so have just stipulated a RHD model.

Attachments

• Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 54

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
You will need to put up more specs on your supra to justify its valuation of 40k. Assume its not an Auto non turbo!
There might be some members with RHD cars interested in a trade - condition dependant would be cash your way or it could be the other way around! Best of luck on your search

Wee Stevie

Forum User
You will need to put up more specs on your supra to justify its valuation of 40k. Assume its not an Auto non turbo!
There might be some members with RHD cars interested in a trade - condition dependant would be cash your way or it could be the other way around! Best of luck on your search
Thanks for the response, would happily to go into more details with anyone who's interested. It's a large list when it comes to the work done.

- 1996 Facelift in 6N0 gunmetal
- Factory V161 (6 speed manual)
- Full OEM respray in 2016
- Underside resoration in 2018 (back to metal and U-Pol Raptor'd etc.) with a large swathe of brand new OEM parts.
- 2JZ-GE (NA) from factory, however has been fully rebuilt and turbocharged. Car is generally built for 7/800hp and running 450-500hp at the moment.
- Very large list of supporting mods and upgrades

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
FYI, I think 240z gave way to 260z late in 1973, but you may still find a 240z registered in '74.

Wee Stevie

Forum User
FYI, I think 240z gave way to 260z late in 1973, but you may still find a 240z registered in '74.
Good to know, thank you. I did get the impression that things got a bit hazy around '74. Prefix of 'N' would be even more preferrable so it'll almost certainly be a 260 if I could be super picky.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Decent 240 s are asking 40 k or more so you probably have to put a couple of quid the other way,but then again wot they ask and wot they get is two different things

Wee Stevie

Forum User
Decent 240 s are asking 40 k or more so you probably have to put a couple of quid the other way,but then again wot they ask and wot they get is two different things
It's the same in the Supra world really and I've tried to be realistic about the price of my car. Something needing a little TLC can also be considered of course