RHD 240/260/280 wanted

ShodanJAB

New Forum User
Hi all,

I'm new here so hoping I don't get my head bitten off.

I'm on the lookout for a 240z/260z/280z but it must be a RHD (or converted to RHD) and I'd prefer the 2 seat variant. Ideally in generally good order but obviously don't mind a little work. I've always loved these z's since I was a kid, my mum was part of Octav Botnar's team that founded Datstun UK, so she always used to bring nice new Datsun's and Nissan's home. I'd love to own one and let her have a go in it one day.

Let me know if anyone knows of anything for sale that fits.

Thanks

James

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Might be useful to give an idea of your budget. For RHD (even converted) that is complete and just needs a little work, ie not welding - you're probably looking at £25k minimum.

ShodanJAB

New Forum User
Relatively open on budget, I'd probably go to ~£30k for the right one. Again, possibly higher for a modern engine and drivetrain. Could also be interested in one for £15-20k that needs £10-15k or so of work on it (wouldn't be done by me).

I saw there's a LS swapped white 280 currently for sale, that would be my dream, but I really want a RHD.
https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/78-datsun-280z-ls-swapped-550rwhp.26521/

Just thought I'd drop this message here in case someone has something to sell or hears of anything.

uk66fastback

Club Member
You say that Mr T, but didn't that black one go in that auction the other week for £15k or so? I think that was a runner but needed some work but was driveable ...

I'm not saying it might not have wanted some welding though, as most do!

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
You say that Mr T, but didn't that black one go in that auction the other week for £15k or so? I think that was a runner but needed some work but was driveable ...

I'm not saying it might not have wanted some welding though, as most do!

Yeah it depends on the definition of 'a little work'. To me that means - sprucing up / something that only takes a couple of weekends to fix! The Black car definitely needed more than that.

johnymd

Club Member
I think you have the right budget to be able to find a good car. too many people come on here thinking they may find a great solid car for £10k so we always tend to ask that question first.

Minksport

Club Member
I may consider selling an early genuine RHD 1974 M reg 260z 2 seater, it has been in my Garage for about 10 years so needs some recommisioning, but it wouldnt be far off passing an mot I believe if you could get it started, last started about 18 months ago, it was my daily 10 years ago, so mechanically OK, all new ball joints and steering arms, pair of new aftermarket front wings, good solid frame and a pretty genuine car, don't get me wrong it's been patched on the floors and inner wings in the past but it's all there and a good prospect, it has had the arches cut on the back to accommodate zg arches and it does have a sunroof fitted, I could get some pictures in a few days. Based n Hampshire.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Best look at a few if they turn up,buying one that needs work can cost thousands,Jon m best man to talk to as converting to RHD is a good option and less chance of rust or an Australian import might be worth a look