rear brake wireing

240zchevyv8

Well-Known Forum User
:confused: hello just got my 1970 240 zed from uncle sams back garden sorted everything out for the mot except how to alter the rear brake light wireing so that they dont flash when the hazards are on can anyone :bow:please explain how to do this as if you were talking to a child and not a nuclear fizzzythist i would appreciate help here regards 240zchevy v8:thumbs:

ive been a busy bee trying to sort this out and its doing my head in:confused: so far i figured out that at the steering column turn indicator disconect the green wire with white stripe and run a new wire to the rear connect this to the green wire/white stripe this is the brake light all ok up to yet then at rear find out which is the side light and brake light did this the green/white stripe wire is the light wire for general driving so i disconected the solid green from the system this is the brake wire connected these green wires to the wire running to the front of the car hey presto brake lights worked fine indicators worked fine :thumbs:until i tried braking with the indicators on and it would not work:conf2::conf2:bullocks i thought seems to be getting a feedback from somewhere this is obviously a job for a professional can anyone explain what is wrong also indicators arnt working very well anymore even though wireing back to standard i suspect a dodgy indicator flasher unit but the hazards work fine where is the indicator relay on a 70s zed are they them on either side of the foot well if so why does it not work both sides if there are 2 of them any help is a blessing:bow:

Sorry to hi-jack but I have a LHS plastic air vent for ya now!!:cool: And that washer bottle bkt too which you forgot:rolleyes:
:D:D

all sorted what i did yesterday sorted problem, pure coincidence that the flasher unit failed at that exact moment sods law well new flasher into day put wireing back as was and it works fine next step the MOT REGARDS 240ZCHEVYV8

Back