R200 in 240Z?

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hello, I would like to ask you something about an R200 Diff in a 240.
There is a problem for me to but oute the flange oute of the Diff to change the seals. How can i do this?:conf2:
And second, I saw that the Diff is on the left side much more wider, so do i have to get an shorter driveshaft on one side or is it possible to use still the old once again from the R180?:conf2:
Thanks a lot, and best regards.
Amazombi:bow:

Mr.F

Inactive
The output shaft / flange on the R200 is held in place with an internal clip. They should pop out with a pry bar, but reluctant shafts may need a slide hammer attached. The clip usually stays in the differential centre and can be reused on installation by tapping the shaft back into the clip so it engages with the groove at the inner end. Once the shafts are removed you can take out the old seals with a seal removal tool and tap new ones in with a suitably sized drift.
The R180 output shafts / flanges are not compatible with the R200 differential. As you suggest, the shaft length is different left to right on both differential types.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If you are asking about 'driveshaft' length not 'output shaft' lengths then 240 shafts DO fit but the one side is almost fully compressed.

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you all. I will try to change the seals as you said.
And yes I meant the "driveshafts", maybe it wil work out.
Thanks again.
Amazombi:bow: