price's are going up

Isn't that the Australian one that sold last month for 15k? Even at 17k its not expensive for what it is. There's no such thing as a cheap 240z, bits cost a fortune!

*****' white-walled tyres again - you must love those my padded elbow jacketed friend !

God, they ruin the car - awful !

The Market prices for early 'Z's went up several years ago - that is ( and for some time has been ) the correct price for a good RHD 240Z in this country.

Now if you want to talk about Value, then that opens a different Can of Worms.

Contrast the asking prices for some so-called Classics like the DeLoreans ( £25-30k ), with the actual Value in terms of Driving Pleasure, Engineering Integrity, Design Innovation, Performance/cost price ratio, etc., and that equation should rate the 240Zs somewhere near double the current Market prices.

Contrast the asking prices for some so-called Classics like the DeLoreans ( £25-30k ), with the actual Value in terms of Driving Pleasure, Engineering Integrity, Design Innovation, Performance/cost price ratio, etc., and that equation should rate the 240Zs somewhere near double the current Market prices.
LOL, since when did prices ever directly relate to driving pleasure, engineering and design innovation ?

Public (and private) perception, speculation, exposure.........and I agree with your equation rate !:thumbs:

It's taking an age, but it's getting there, price wise.
Driving pleasure better than a classic porsche ,and in this country and Europe more exclusive, with less on the road.
With the economy as F****d as it is, most cars of equivalent desirability ,looks and drive wise, are becoming less affordable.
Making the 240 more desirable, and increasing in value.
So one day these will be unaffordable!!
Better snap them up boys, if your looking for long term investment.

I dont think that is expensive in real terms , just a comment that as with all classic/ 70 's stuff values are increasing , i just think the z has taken a long time to move up , this is prob due to the small number that do come up for sale .
When ever i visit any number of bodyshops or garage workshops in the corner is alway a 60' s or 70's ford being sorted for sale .because they know the demand is there and people are prepared to pay big . Not sure a Datsun has that , not sure why .

Not sure a Datsun has that , not sure why .
Not enough.

For a car to attract people, there have to be enough to be seen, there have to be enough also to obtain....the Z is a victim of its' rarity here !

New Z era - keep telling you all.:thumbs:

I had the pleasure of having a good look around this car about 2 weeks ago as the recent purchaser, now seller, had it sent too a good friend of mines unit. This is a fantastic fantastic example, could not fault it in anyway. Everything fitted well, worked well, hell its like its just been rolled out of the factory.

Dont know the reason for selling but im sure he has his reasons.

As has been discussed many times, im sure prices will only go North for these types of examples.

Back