Please buy my album! The Official Sales thread for my debut album

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Hey folks,

First off, I’d like to say a big thank you to Steve Burns and the Z Club for giving this the “green light”!

For those that don't already know, I have a band called "This Burning Age" and we've just released our debut album called "A Muzzle for the Masses".

To give you a bit of background history, "This Burning Age" started off as my own solo project. I spent a year in the studio of new Wolverhampton based producer James Brede working on the album. I wrote, arranged and co-produced all the tracks and everything you hear on the album, be it guitar, bass, drums, vocals or synth are played or sung by myself.

At that point I was very much a solo act but, having been involved with bands in the past and having enjoyed playing within the band dynamic with the kick you get that performing live brings, I set about gathering together friends and fellow musicians to allow me to take the music on the road. During the course of playing together, the "one man band" ethos slowly faded away. We all seemed to “gel” and I realised I wanted to move forward together...so much so that the second album (which I’m hoping to release next year) will be recorded as a band proper rather than just me locked away in a studio!

However, the DIY ethos is incredibly important to me and is something that I’ve carried through with everything to do with both this and future releases: the album art and design was done by me (I'm an artist and photographer in my "normal" life); I arranged and took an active role in everything to do with the album being Mastered, Pressed and Released and I also took on the task of designing both the “obligatory” MySpace page and our own bespoke website : www.thisburningage.com Again, all the graphics, animation and images were done by myself with the coding written by a chap I was introduced to through the Z community. In fact the Z community played a very important role in the album appearing as it does: our very own “SuperJakko” stepped in when I didn’t know who to turn to for advice regarding setting the artwork out ready for printing. Not only did he set me on the right road, he played an integral part in the formation of the Limited Edition version, something for which I’m eternally grateful!

So, without further a-do, I’d like to offer you the chance to buy our entirely self-released (and self-funded by me...arrrgh! :eek:) 10 track, studio album, "A Muzzle For The Masses".

ra713d.jpg

THIS BURNING AGE

"A Muzzle for the Masses"

1. Human Condition
2. No Surrender
3. Repeat To Fade
4. End Game
5. The Last Day
6. Stronger, Faster, Fitter
7. Panic (Bring on the Bomb)
8. Stay Forgotten
9. Everlasting
10. Honey

All the tracks can be previewed either on our official site or on our MySpace page here: www.myspace.com/thisburningage.com

The album is available in both “Standard” and, “Limited Edition” versions.

The “Standard” version comes in CD “Digipak” format with a 6 page, full colour, roll-fold booklet (for those that don’t know, “Digipak” refers to the style of packaging. The standard “el cheapo” option is the usual plastic “Jewel Case” that we’re all familiar with. The Digipak is a much nicer option being more tactile and better looking!).

Regarding the “Limited Edition” version, there are only 100 copies available (actually now about 50 as luckily they’ve been selling well!). They come in CD Digipak format, with each one individually numbered. Every copy is signed and includes a 6 page, full colour, roll-fold booklet and the following additional items: a This Burning Age Guitar Pick, three This Burning Age Badges, a signed A3 This Burning Age Promo Poster and a very special, custom designed, This Burning Age "Zener Test" Card onto which is printed a code which can be redeemed in the Download section of our official website to claim a free non-album track. Both this card and the download track will not be available to buy anywhere else. Here's a preview of the Limited Edition merchandise (not shown to scale! ;))

13z9vcw.jpg

2d1hde.jpg

fcr1o2.jpg

30rqgx1.jpg

eitvyb.jpg

2njvshu.jpg

The standard album can be purchased for £7 (+ £1.50 P&P UK delivery) and the Limited Edition is for sale at £9 (+ £1.50 P&P). There is the option to deal with me directly through the site or, alternatively, you can purchase your albums from my online store here: This Burning Age — Home The online store only deals with Paypal but if you’re a Z Club member and dealing with me direct I’d be happy to accept Paypal, Bank Transfer or Cheque.

For those that miss the days when getting an album was more than just keying in your card details and hearing a single mp3 track taken out of context...when buying an album and particularly a limited edition version was a great experience, not just because of the music therein, but because of the artwork and the feeling you got from it...that you had purchased something genuinely special that the artist cared about...well, I hope I've been able to put some of that back with this release.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or ask away in this thread and if you’d like one...just post and let me know! :)

Cheers,

Leigh.

List for Standard Album:
(please post "standard" in this thread)

List for Limited Edition Album:
(please post "Limited Edition" in this thread)

1. hitman13 PAID
2. Mr.F PAID
3. martinmac (x3 albums) PAID
4. Nidge74 PAID
5. pete shrimp PAID

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have one Friday :) Gonna have to wait till month end though ! Skint as a rat buyin parts fur the Z LOL

I'll have one Friday :) Gonna have to wait till month end though ! Skint as a rat buyin parts fur the Z LOL
No probs :) Which one would you like chap? The standard album or the limited edition version? :)

Think I'll edit my original post and start two lists (ever the optimist! :D ;)) for both. :)

Hi, Just ordered one on your shop site paypal. Remember me I bought one of your strut braces. Glad to see your album is selling well. Offer is still there to get it plugged at Corp in Sheffield. Daughter & son in law friends with manager & DJ. Good luck.

Support real music - just ordered Ltd Edition from your site based on artwork and packaging alone!

Thanks both...that's fantastic stuff! :)

hitman: DEFINATELY would like to take you up on the offer chap! Wanted to make sure we had a decent "product" and had a solid live show before taking you up on it...but luckily we do now so if you're sure it's not too much of an imposition on yourself and your daughter/son-in-law, any help in that area would be fantastic! Aside from pushing the album, if the club is looking for live bands we'd be very interested in that respect as well. With the album now released we're looking to play outside our native Birmingham, around the UK (and, bizarrely, in mainland Europe...strangely, we have a growing German fan-base and there's a mini-tour being planned over there for next year). Birmingham has certainly done well for us mind, we've been lucky enough to have 5 weeks of airplay on Kerrang Radio and we supported alt-rock mini-gods "Hundred Reasons" on the Brum leg of their UK tour...but shows around the UK would be great :)

Mr. F: that's a big compliment Mike...thank you! Funnily enough, that's exactly how I used to buy the odd album...wandering around record stores, finding something that caught my eye, and purchasing on the strength of the interesting packaging. I'm a fervent supporter of new music so, once again, thank you so much for taking a punt on me/us! :)

I'll be packaging them up tonight! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You can never get enough new music of this standard. Cant wair.

Ordered from your site, one each for the crew.

Anymore for anymore? :) I only ask as the first batch are now assembled and will be going in the post tomorrow! :D

Ordered via site.
Can I assume that Our SuperJakko gets royalties for his assistance?????
Thanks for that. I'll get your order ready to go off with the others :)

Royalties? (I settled for just one question mark ;)) Nope...but my eternal thanks and an album with a personal dedication?...You betcha ;)

Well, I got a copy of the limited edition version and can confirm it is top stuff.

Well, I've listened to it four times now and I can honestly report that it is f*cking awesome (like the Hot Dogs). I don't want to pigeon-hole it with respect to genre or style but if you like your guitar driven music with a DEEEEP Massive Attack dub feel with a haunting early Stone Temple Pilots vocal(ish) thrown into some weird and almost genius flecks of Bowie, Police and the Killers, then that's the sort of thing it is. There is also a bit of Paradise Lost in there at one point. It's the kind of album that re-affirms your belief in music, that it's not all just shit mass-produced throw-away stuff, and that there is room for some new-wave, sometimes moody (without the pretentiousness cack), proper thinking rock, that you can still occasionally dance to.

Now, all we need to do is give them gifts 'til they change their minds about coming to Z010...

It's on my itunes at home, work & on my phone so I can listen to it betwixt the two. Awesome. Now gonna go join the forum...

Well, I got a copy of the limited edition version and can confirm it is top stuff.

It's on my itunes at home, work & on my phone so I can listen to it betwixt the two. Awesome. Now gonna go join the forum...

[cough] your fiver is in the post mate [cough]

:D:thumbs:;)

Just to let everyone know, your albums were posted this afternoon! :)

Have the albums arrived ok guys? Looking forward to knowing whether they pass muster! :D ;)

I've been listening to mine since i got it the other week :D Top album and very well mastered!

Having known Leigh from the start I will be travelling on the tour bus gratis for the European tour won't i? :lol: :cheers:

If you haven't seen them live, sell your gran, leave the kids for the night and go and watch! Absolutely superb on the stage and great to know they're doing well! :thumbs:

What is this, it's fecking shit......

But enuff about the rust on my Zed,

BUY THIS ALBUM, IT'S THE BOLLOCKS,
GET THE LTD, AND PALY ALONG ON YOUR OWN GUITAR WITH THE COOL PLEC.

Seriously buddy, you done some great stuff on this album
I eagerly await your 2nd

lol! :D
Honestly chaps it's great to hear you like both the layout and the tunes themselves! :thumbs:

Nick: knowing the guys like I do I'm not entirely sure you'd want to spend a tour on the same bus as us! :eek::D

If anyone has the time, sign up to our forum here: thisburningage.com • Index page there's probably a few names on there that you'll be familiar with plus, if you like the music, it's the place where you'll hear about new tracks, new shows, new merchandise and special offers for members first! :)

Hi Friday, Got mine , in player since arriving, it's brilliant. Daughter as sent links to Leyton at Corp in Sheffield, Not seen her since so no feedback yet but will let you know soon as. All the best.

Back