Players Goodwood - 22nd-23rd June

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not one I've tried before myself but thought I'd give it a go, something different to the usual classic car show. Expect this meet to be very 'scene' I guess, either way its the middle of Summer at Goodwood with lots going on with beautiful cars so its bound to be a good day out!

https://www.players-show.com/players-classic

https://www.facebook.com/events/goodwood-motor-circuit/players-classic-2019/320081928784316/

From the organisers:

Disrupting the manicured lawns and tranquility of Goodwood Motor Circuit. This show’s variety is possibly unparalleled in ‘the scene’. A blend of modified modern classics, hot rods, circuit monsters, drift cars and everything in-between. Every scene and automotive sub-culture are not just represented but integrated into a melting pot of curated metal.

Enjoy a stroll between the perfectly painted white buildings and simple wood-framed pit garages in the paddock, stand beside the track and hear the diverse mix of exhaust notes as drivers get to grips with the challenge of the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit. It’s established itself as a staple of the European show calendar and one not to be missed.

We will be continuing to host the Track Day on the Saturday and continue the chilled vibe throughout the weekend, with the added bonus of a Monster Energy Party on Saturday Evening. Sunday will then see the Show and Shine also take to the track in a Breakfast Club style layout allowing an even bigger show.

As with previous years, all cars will need to be pre selected and approved. Show Cars and Passengers will need to be pre paid as per previous years.

Who's interested? I've already been accepted and am going on the Sunday! :coolgleam:

johnymd

Club Member
I went last year on the rollhard stand. I really enjoyed the show and will probably go again. There were quite a few other Zed’s there.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I went last year on the rollhard stand. I really enjoyed the show and will probably go again. There were quite a few other Zed’s there.

Glad to hear there's usually a Datsun presence there, let me know if you decide to go again this year :thumbs:

toopy

Club Member
Just to point out, it's June not July!

Hoping to go on the Saturday, won't be in the Z tho.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My wrist brands came through last week for this one, heard but nothing but good things about this show.

Any more takers??

tyroguru

Club Member
Public walk in tickets available through the website still however all display passes are now gone....

Obviously, I'm doing a walk-in ticket as I figured they probably wouldn't be interested in a project car on a low loader :) . Another year (or five) maybe...

tyroguru

Club Member
I must be being very dim: I'm going on Saturday and it says the site is open from 8am but I can't see a schedule or anything. Is it completely unstructured where you just wonder around or is there some structure to the day? Highly unlikely we'll be there before 11am at the earliest so trying to figure what we'll miss.

johnymd

Club Member
It’s just a static show so I don’t think you will miss anything by turning up late. Pop over to the rollhard stand and say hello if I’m with my car.