Petrolhead House For Sale

Mr.F

Inactive
All this radical sorting out is part of a potential plan to move from the present gaff into something a bit downsized / relocated that still allows me to carry on selling you parts for a few more years.

So - the MJP Petrolhead Palace and Games Emporium is on the open market:

4 bedroom semi-detached house for sale in Kelvedon Hatch, CM15

I might describe aspects of it to this captive audience in a different way to the estate agents:

Priority 1: It has 50' deep by 30'+ wide garaging. A "personal" garage side that takes two Zs with room to work all round, plus loads of storage. If you cleared it out completely and wanted to stack stuff in there, it would take more. I used to have my trailer on one side, the race car at the back and still room for another car in front. Workbench and miscellaneous cabinets, shelving etc. to remain by arrangement.
The rest of the garage is more like a warehouse - L-shaped, racked round all the walls with substantial Nissan Parts Department shelving (some to remain by arrangement). Cleared out it would store at least six cars comfortably. The guy I bought from had three vintage Rollers (BIG vehicles), his own modern Roller and a Bentley Tourer in there and the space in between filled with his motorbike collection and memorabilia.

Priority 2: The yard is large and secluded - parking for 8 - 10 cars if you squeezed them in. Room for two more tiddlers or one large one at the front and a long drive down the side. Garden? Who needs it? There are some mature trees and a small decking area alongside a nice bright conservatory if you want to relax with your mechanic's cuppa for five minutes.

Priority 3: A games room with the floor plan of most semi-detached three bed houses. Full size snooker table to remain with all the stuff to play. Plenty of room all round, including ample space for my three pinball machines and guitar collection and amps (and loads of other junk...). There is also the facility to open up the back of this huge space to make a brilliant kitchen / family room (at the expense of playing snooker - need to downsize to pool). The roof of the games room is a large terrace area that could be planted out with pots and deckchairs if you like that sort of thing.

Priority 4: If you wanted to work from home, there is a large office space on the ground floor (with a back door that opens directly into the games room). Alternatively, the room would make a great home cinema, music room, kid's playroom etc., etc.
It is an old extension to the original house and has been extended upwards to create two bedrooms. It could be partitioned off to make a completely separate annex, create a staircase at the rear, forming a lounge / kitchen downstairs with a single bedroom and bathroom above (STPP).

Priority 5: You would virtually be on the set of "The Only Way is Essex" - meet the "stars", visit the Sugar Hut in Brentwood High Street, buy a pig, meet a real Essex girl (Jodie Marsh lives just down the road...).

Priority 6: In the same village as the famous Kelvedon Hatch Secret Nuclear Bunker - you could survive a nuclear holocaust and live to inbreed a new world population from the residents of KH!

Oh - did I mention that there is quite a nice house attached to all of this? Through lounge, dining room with fitted library shelving, small but perfectly formed kitchen, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, roof room with balcony overlooking fields to relax with a G & T away from the chaos downstairs, large attic storage area...

25 minutes to Liverpool Street from Shenfield (about 4 miles away). Easy access to M25, A12 and M11.

Roll up! Roll up! Dig out the piggy bank and see what you can afford...

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
We'll take it Mike ! Even trade on an old pub that seats about 140 with a big back garden and zero garage space :eek: and even less parking :eek::eek: :eek:

Mr.F

Inactive
Does it come with the neatly arranged parts store and office ?

Immaculate and everything in its appointed place (in my head...).

Or do you want to buy complete with parts installed...? Call to discuss.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I have to say it looks a bit grim :eek:, I think it could defo do with a woman's touch sunshine ;):D.

In fact you do know the Chelsea flower show is on at the moment don't you ?, Maybe you should pop along and buy yourself some greenery lol.

Rob

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
C'mon, get in touch with your feminine side - there must be one in there with all that visible pubic hair..........

Nidge74

New Forum User
I would love to own a place like that someday, but right now, you'd have to knock about 90% off the asking price.

Nice place by the way, sorry I never got to visit before

Mr.F

Inactive
knock about 90% off

£50K probably wouldn't buy you a garage in Brentwood let alone the house to go with it.
By the opposite token of comparison, the full asking price would get you a one bedroom damp basement flat in Chelsea (maybe)...

Mr.F

Inactive
To revive this thread - due to a reduction in the asking price on the property I'm looking to buy, I am able to offer a substantial reduction in the price of this place. Now £425,000 only - initially valued at £100,000 more than this. It can only go up from here, so not a bad investment...

Anyone need to store ten Zs?? :thumbs: Actually at a twenty a week each, I won't need to move...:p