pertronix ignition

surreyseagull

Well-Known Forum User
does anyone out there know anything about these?.seen the pertronix ignition advertised on motorsport auto but it only says for 240z.
would this kit fit uk 260z?..is it any good?

or get a 2.8 electronic ignition dizzy upgrade,proberly easier if you can get one

We stock the Pertronix coil in chrome and black - suitable for use with or without the ballast resistor, so fits 240Z, 260Z and 280ZX.

The Ignitor system is listed as suitable for 240Z in USA, but will work equally well on UK 260Z. Supplied either with the Pertronix coil or as a separate add-on, this effectively converts a S30 distributor into the equivalent of a 280ZX distributor, but with the electronics concealed within the cap. I can obtain on our next shipment from USA. Price will be £119.95 + VAT with coil or £84.95 + VAT if you already have a suitable coil. Prices are inclusive of shipping from USA and all duty and other import charges paid. Compare, for example, to Lumenition Optronic system at £170 + VAT without coil and you will see that these are good value for money...

large124019.jpg

large124062.jpg

Coil alone £39.95 + VAT - chrome and black in stock.

The coil is certainly the equivalent of the 280ZX version and the rest is just a triggering device. As long as your ancient 240Z/260Z distributor doesn't have too much shaft waggle, then this system is a modern version of the highly favoured, but hard to find, 280ZX system...and the two wire hook-up is just as easy to instal...and you don't have to take your distributor off the engine and mess up your timing (assuming you got it right in the first place!).

distributor hasnt ever been taken off as far as im aware.def intrested.will see what bank balance is like at end of month.as this sounds good option.

I got a recon 280Z dizzy from the states cheap enough so worth looking out for.

Rob

I bought a brace from the states. They were on special offer at the time.. I have used them quite a few times. I have always seen an improvement in performance and reliability.

Back