Parts Identification

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys,

Just need some of your expertise to help fit everything back together and to source parts if you would be so kind!

What are these clips on the locating pegs called and is anyone still making them?
Pretty sure I'm gonna have to stick with these ones, but thought I'd ask anyway!
20160717_124527_zpsy6zznxuy.jpg

20160717_124553_zpsgqmrdmvy.jpg

Anyone recognise this exhaust header?
20150528_193908_zpsspo98kbc.jpg

20150528_193839_zpshgbglkml.jpg

Or this style of front bumper?
20150528_194904_zpsm4hitzzq.jpg

Many thanks guys - may have to keep asking silly questions about parts here, as I wasn't the one who took the car apart and unfortunately, things weren't labelled properly!! :confused:

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Emblem Clips

For the emblem clip, try part number "63845-18000". Mike Feeney probably has them in stock. In the parts fiche they are called "clip-tubular".

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
The header looks like a Janspeed header.

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
The emblem clips can be bought new (try Mr. F).

The header looks like Janspeed, as Maxim says.

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
The front air dam is an MSA2 USA brand. They seem to have been popular in the 1990's. They also produced matching rear back bumpers and side skirts to give the cars what was thought back then a "modern" look. Mike Feeny used to sell them. If you keep it then one useful feature is to inset the front indicator lights into the bumper bit of the air dam.

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks guys!

I have NO intention to fit that bumper, don't worry! Just needed to know for sale purposes - same as the Janspeed header - I've already got a stainless system!

richiep

Club Member
Thanks guys!

I have NO intention to fit that bumper, don't worry! Just needed to know for sale purposes - same as the Janspeed header - I've already got a stainless system!

Phew, good to know! Had us worried there - might've needed to call out the Taste Police! :eek:

:D

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
All kinds on E-bay! ;)

You are not wrong there, once upon atime somebody paid £96 for a secondhand 240 gearknob, but in recent years though people just take the pee & get most things for next to nothing. I find the more ***** an item is the better it sells. I need to move on a huge amount of model cars at the moment but not sure how to shift them without losing too much money.on them. My new phylosophy in life is its alot easier to buy things than get rid of them, so now I only buy what I really need.

Nexussteve

Well-Known Forum User
Trends are very strange!

I used to work for a music shop and the manager once sold a packet of silica gel to a guy buying a guitar (yes, the stuff you get in products for free to keep them dry in storage) He thought it was an amazing 'product'!

You get allsorts!