Other engines???

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Has anyone ever gone the way of a Jag straight-six?

For example, the AJ6 engine as a 3.6 produced 225 brake as stock with a horribly restrictive air intake. I heard that something like another 50+ brake could be let loose just by improving the breathing.

I wonder how heavy that engine would be compared to a SBC and how much work would be needed to fit it.

You could I imagine pick one up with a manual box for not a huge amount (just go and find a rusty manual XJS before they brought in the 4.0!?)

Just a thought. Sorry V8 fans (of which I'm one I hasten to add).

Tony

Mr.G

Club Member
or how about a 3.5 BMW inline 6?

The XJS engine i think is too big as I think it's a V12 and massive.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
George - nice engine mate - we recently went to the Car museum at Mulhouse (Collection Shlumpf) and the Bugattis.........wow !

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
300zxmarcus said:
what kind of power does that one put out john?
Not entirely sure yet as it used to be a 4.5 and the build is pretty serious. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't make 100-120bhp/l with the spec.

Mr.G

Club Member
Nice isnt it Sean. If I was an eccentric millionaire then I would love having a go fitting that engine. :)

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
8 litre V10 enough for you??:devil:

Puts my LS1 to shame!

1204im001040_115.jpg

1204im001038_142.jpg

Tony 260Z

Club Member
That Darius chap in the US has a rather spesh SBC in his 240 (www.darius240z.com I think). I think that's the Lotus tuned jobbie from a Vette.

The Jag AJ6 was originally a 3.6 litre straight six (225BHP). The V12 was 5.3 (285BHP). Strong and smooth but bloody complicated. Bit like me really....

:)