One trader discount I would LOVE!!!

To be fair to Mondo, I didnt contemplate asking to take his time up to supply me with materials cheaply when it's his business to sell his sewing and trimming services, if you see my thinking?. He's absolutely brilliant and a bit overrun with work as it is.

The AS trim I'm looking at above seems to be well thought out on quantities and although the end figures may look slightly higher on ebay listings - they seem to work out the cheapest.

I also need to put roof lining in the Range Rover. in fact, I'm always wanting car/marine grade material for all sorts of things!

If you need to speak to Si (Mondo) for anything, let me know and I'll pass it on.
He also has a website ;)

Well you can't go saying that without posting the website!

We asked about the 300's doors trimming but he said he isnt taking any more business on at the moment. Highly likely I'll be attempting it myself now, but ****** doing seats!

You know, ots not right helpful only having one recommendation for seating lol.

Anyway, I'm after materials not a trimmer atm

cant see why simon( mondo ) wouldnt supply material if you want i could check got to speak with him as i am having another set of door cards done with in the next couple of weeks let me know..

cant see why simon( mondo ) wouldnt supply material if you want i could check got to speak with him as i am having another set of door cards done with in the next couple of weeks let me know..

Thanks,

I'm at the point of making a few more firm decisions about what I want. The boot space is coming into the 21st century where all the sides will be covered in vanliner carpet up to the height of the parcel shelf. This will take the amount of vinyl I want down aswell as a more practical boot space. There isnt a single piece of plastics/trim that doesnt need attention.

I pulled out the roof lining yesterday... that part is OK :), but I may end up covering it anyway for the colour and texture.
All the pillars are now fixed and rubbed down.
Dark blue sill plates and kick panels look like they are headed for painting and are well on their way to being ready for it.

The rear window surrounds will be a challenge.
The plastic wheel arch covers are getting covered but this will probably end up being one of those parts separated into 3 different materials as they go into the boot, aswell as above the parcel shelf line and into behind the seats.

Light grey vinyl = no problem
Carpet, vanliner, acoustic cloth = no problem
Sound proofing and underlay = no problem
Thread, edging thread for carpeting in purple = no problem

Me learning to use a sewing machine = Problem! :rofl:

Bright Purple vinyl for seat center, piping and accents = BIG PROBLEM!!!

I had a play in photoshop... hopefully to put some minds at rest about how much purple!!

Light grey, dark grey, anthracite carpet and boot lining. Some of those plastics will have to be painted dark grey....

attachment.php

Attachments

• INTERIOR-COMPARE-IDEA.jpg
    INTERIOR-COMPARE-IDEA.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
Thanks,

We are not going for leather seating if we can help it, so there are more matching concerns between the leatherette and cloth.

Fading is a problem isnt it. The carpet was royal blue, but the only evidence of that is inside the boot. Greys should stand the time test better.

I had a play in photoshop... hopefully to put some minds at rest about how much purple!!

Light grey, dark grey, anthracite carpet and boot lining. Some of those plastics will have to be painted dark grey....

attachment.php

Quite like that with the exception of the purple on the box lid as IMHO it is to bright and shiny

Well... I take it all back. Martrim have a MUCH better range of materials.

http://www.martrim.co.uk/index.html

I rang up, got answered straight away, with really pleasant people on the end of the phone and absolutely no fuss getting samples sent. Unlike As-Trim where they expect £1.99 for every sample regardless of how quick they send them out.

Back