Numbers

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Has anyone any idea how many 240z's are left in the UK on the road? The reason i ask is there seems to be less and less getting advertised and in the last saw year or so the price is noticeably climbing. I was in the watering hole the other day and the topic came up of me having one and the guy said there worth a bit now aren't they? I said well its all relative but they are getting hard to find. It made me think that maybe they are starting to get a little more attention. While at Tatton this year Richie's car was getting loads of attention and I think the stand as a whole got a good viewing. So is there a chance they are finally getting the value they deserve?? For example E types go for silly money and I agree are lovely cars but worth £80k more? They made thousands of the bugga's :D

Certainly the 240s have been getting a bit of notice in the classic mags scene recently, which is always god for getting attention and generating interest. There are very few Zs here in Ulster and anyone who I've talked to has commented how great they were back in the '70s, just the old rust worries being the only negative mentioned.

I think when the economy picks up, they will start to command better prices, with the more standard looking the car the better price it will command, the exception being any historic competition spec'ed car which will always get good money.

So looking at this around the 200-250 mark would be a good guess. If they brought out a sports car today and said they would only do a run of 250 they would be worth a fortune ...
The car they featured in as bond movie 'You only live Twice' I think, the Toyota 2000GT is heading to the extremes of price. I saw one for sale for €450,000 but not seen another and at the time Toyota didn't think it was worth continuing with.

Back