'Nimso' spec L6 Manifolds 1 5/8 + 1 3/4

I've been waiting/looking for a 1 5/8" exhaust system for about 18 months now, I've been hassling Sean about getting some made up as I think the systems he already sells are the best you can get for the cash....

Well its paid off and he's now getting round to producing the systems.

1 5/8 Nismo spec manifold with matched length headers, in stainless. Will fit all types of injection.

He still does the larger bore systems for the really big motors but these will suit none stroker/proper race engines a fair bit better. For LHD/RHD etc etc

Price wise, he says it'll be about £450 including post for the manifold.

The rest of the system is the same as here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DATSUN-NI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35da76194f

If going for the whole lot it'll work out cheaper as a package, I guess full cost will come down to the level of interest. I genuinely don't think you'll get anything better for near the same total cost anywhere, no duty etc to pay on top either.

Anyone on here:)

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
Not that I need one, given the Fujitsubo system on my car, but these have always looked good. I heard one of these exhausts on the G-nosed Samuri at Donington earlier this year - beastly! Broadly comparable to what a full Fujitsubo manifold and twin pipe costs from Japan at current FX rates, but without the £300+ shipping and then customs charges etc.

Has Sean fixed the issue with the exhaust's original design, which required the front corner of the LHS floor-pan to be bashed in a bit to create clearance?

Not that I need one, given the Fujitsubo system on my car, but these have always looked good. I heard one of these exhausts on the G-nosed Samuri at Donington earlier this year - beastly! Broadly comparable to what a full Fujitsubo manifold and twin pipe costs from Japan at current FX rates, but without the £300+ shipping and then customs charges etc.

Has Sean fixed the issue with the exhaust's original design, which required the front corner of the LHS floor-pan to be bashed in a bit to create clearance?

Hi

Yes he as, buy virtue of the 1 5/8's it creates more space, I think its still the same for the larger system though.

I did look at the fujitsubo systems but a quick bit of man maths puts them at about £1600 with duty and shipping? Lovely things though.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I saw the pre production version of the 1 3/4 and really liked it, its great that Sean is now getting made 1 5/8 as the larger ones were unsuitable for anything other than high performance large capacity engines (gas speed)

I saw the pre production version of the 1 3/4 and really liked it, its great that Sean is now getting made 1 5/8 as the larger ones were unsuitable for anything other than high performance large capacity engines (gas speed)

Yep, it allows us with 'poxy' engines to get a decent exhaust:D

richiep

Club Member
Hi

Yes he as, buy virtue of the 1 5/8's it creates more space, I think its still the same for the larger system though.

I did look at the fujitsubo systems but a quick bit of man maths puts them at about £1600 with duty and shipping? Lovely things though.

At present FX rates, the manifold and the exhaust are about £450 each (much less than when I bought when the Yen was strong). Shipping two years ago for me was £330 I think. I only paid about 70 quid duty though as RHDJapan were liberal in their assessment of the value on the paperwork... ;)

Don't despair, a grow bag and a liberal sprinkling of £ssssss and before you know it, from little acorns do mighty oaks appear :p

Sean's sighting your thoughts and the history of that size manifold as the reason for its build, so I owe you a thanks also:D

I'm going old school with the engine....

Forged pistons+1mm
Dynamically balanced rotating assembly
Compression/cam to suit how I want the engine to feel(a fair bit 'cammy')
Decent harmonic damper
Lighter flywheel
40mm carbs
1 5/8's manifold
Mallory optical dizzy/cdi/ignition
oversized valves(stainless)
Mild headwork
Kameari chain tensioner
Kameari Retainers
Kameari Collets
Kameari cam sprocket
Kameari oil pump

Nothing thats not been done before but hopefully with some care and attention it should be a reliable fun engine, coupled to a s14 box and a subaru 4.44 plated diff.

tel240z

Club Member
Sean's sighting your thoughts and the history of that size manifold as the reason for its build, so I owe you a thanks also:D

I'm going old school with the engine....

Forged pistons+1mm
Dynamically balanced rotating assembly
Compression/cam to suit how I want the engine to feel(a fair bit 'cammy')
Decent harmonic damper
Lighter flywheel
40mm carbs
1 5/8's manifold
Mallory optical dizzy/cdi/ignition
oversized valves(stainless)
Mild headwork
Kameari chain tensioner
Kameari Retainers
Kameari Collets
Kameari cam sprocket
Kameari oil pump

Nothing thats not been done before but hopefully with some care and attention it should be a reliable fun engine, coupled to a s14 box and a subaru 4.44 plated diff.

it'll be fun alright with that diff ratio maybe a tad revy on the motorway

Mr.F

Inactive
My Z31 with 4.375:1 diff more like 4000rpm 70mph - not at all fun on the motorway, but very zappy elsewhere...

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
have you got one as I did not think they were ready yet as I am interested to see if they fit ok