Nice looking Z31.....

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Nice looking Z31 on ebay and Car and Classic.Got the rare leather option and also BBS style wheels and stainless exhaust.Shame it's an auto though?
NISSAN 300 ZX 2+2 AUTO SPORTS TARGA TOP 1988 E Reg on eBay (end time 09-Aug-09 22:39:00 BST)

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C102255/

794535.jpg

Cause you wont find anything that's even roadworthy for £500 that's why! A few years have gone by since you bought your black auto and blue turbo cars for pennies!

.and despite the crises, prices of these cars have rocketed ? There are just less of them 'cos the others have melted away or been 'tuned' or drifted ! They're bangers - all the money mowed onto Z32s !

Paid £800 for ours ! Very little rust on passenger door and 79,000 miles "d"reg.:eek:

Have you checked behind each wheel on each wing - they tend to chuck up sh*t which stays, holds moisture in and .......bingo !

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking Z31 on ebay and Car and Classic.Got the rare leather option and also BBS style wheels and stainless exhaust.Shame it's an auto though?
NISSAN 300 ZX 2+2 AUTO SPORTS TARGA TOP 1988 E Reg on eBay (end time 09-Aug-09 22:39:00 BST)

Nissan 300zx 2+2 T-Bar convertable sports auto 1988 E Reg For Sale (1988) on Car And Classic UK

Never seen non turbo with leather before.
Majority will be auto anyway

Looks great, but think the seller got the date wrong,

My 300zx is a 86 model

Yes - they start in 1984 - although that facelift is 1987(but seller doesn't state that)

Still cost me less than 'your' ebay one to have repaired and resrayed and that's all the rust she had and has.

Have you checked behind each wheel on each wing - they tend to chuck up sh*t which stays, holds moisture in and .......bingo !

Hiya Sean, yup, have ripped the car apart expecting the normal rot everywhere, and not a trace :eek: passenger door at very bottom rear edge, and a wee bubble just behind the pass side rear wheel, but hasn't spread into the normal area ? It does have the rust thing on the lift back about an inch behind the struts, but again thats pretty normal.
On a different note, this is my 3rd z31 now and for a laff i gave it a rough 0-60 time the other day,,,,6.2 on a "supposedly" stock z31 wif auto box??? Never had one go like this one, and am kinda scared as to whats been done to it? :eek: Not that im complaining of course ! :D:rolleyes::driving:

Exactly my point,, was expecting a "few" seconds more than that for certain,, ?? Shifts incredibly hard and launches wif some wheel spin,,not something im used to in an autobox for sure. Thing is it concerns me that Im gonna have to dig deep to find whats been done,,,at the end of the day I want reliable and it's the not knowing thing .:unsure: Gonna do a comp test and check for a chip this weekend, but i am almost certain the trans has had some work at least.:driving:

GPS verifed ? That's quicker than a turbo and onlu 0.4 secs slower than my Z with oodles more bhp and a lot less weight ! What's your top speed or revs in 4th at 70 mph ?

I once bought a Z31 NA from ebay which felt faster than my previous Z31 Turbo car....I had to look under the bonnet to check that there wasn't a turbo fitted there!....My Z31 Turbo was no slouch either, as the driver of a Porsche Boxster S can testify!

GPS verifed ? That's quicker than a turbo and onlu 0.4 secs slower than my Z with oodles more bhp and a lot less weight ! What's your top speed or revs in 4th at 70 mph ?

French horses are obviously much slower than English or Canadian ones! :p

I paid 950GBP for mine, and had it for 2 years before rust issues arose,

And then was 115GBP to a friendly welder who sorted that for another 12 months.

Major repairs in the coming years tho, rust bubbles popping up like flies in turd lately

Back