Newbie S1 240z owner and liking the experience

tjrvp

Club Member
1970 S1 240z in Orange
Bought in October from previous owner Fairline guy who did an absolute stellar restoration job and RHD converstion.( great job Neil)
Just carried out and completed a few final jobs myself, with the help of fourways engineering. Trying to keep it as near original as possible.
Drive it as much as I can and love it. Though it has to be said if you want to know how far modern cars have come in 40 years then drive a 40 year old car :)

Remember way back in 1973 seeing one of these in the local show room as a wee boy and thinking then that one day I would own one, didnt think it would take over 40 years

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tim
So glad to hear that you are enjoying the car.
I am missing her

c06ec1a6106d58e26d6a1707d8e563d8_zpsuqubytwk.jpg

Niel
Managed to find the various switches, bits and knobs we discussed also sort the stiffish fourth to fith
How is the sleeper project going

Niel
Managed to find the various switches, bits and knobs we discussed also sort the stiffish fourth to fith
How is the sleeper project going

I have test fitted the engine but waiting on my paint guy at the moment he can't take her till January.
Expect it will be going in his shop for 3mth dispite the fact I have all ready bare metal stripped it for him .
Purchesed a air con unit last week which fits nicely in place of the original heater
Blow motor so that's another job ticked of the list.
Once she is done we will have to meet up for a photo shot as the both cars will
Look both the same

Lovley car. Great colour. Glad you are keeping it original. Your story of waiting 40 years to get the car you saw as a lad matches my own! Enjoy it. Cars may have come on a lot in 40 years but in doing so they lost their soul.

picture.php
[/IMG]

As it happens I did change the rear plate for something better sized
piccies pending

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
ok but i did want get the one cool picture first for my album
Ensuite, à partir de maintenant je ne sera photographié sans mon pantalon:)

Lovley car. Great colour. Glad you are keeping it original. Your story of waiting 40 years to get the car you saw as a lad matches my own! Enjoy it. Cars may have come on a lot in 40 years but in doing so they lost their soul.

Sadly at the time despite my pleading my Dad brought a Datsun 190 Y why?

One question to throw out there......I was surprised to find out when re taxng the car that it appeared it was the only 1970 registered 240z in the UK is that true?

120Y ? 'cos they were so much better at that price than the rest of the cack being punted !

yes but it was 1974 the 240z was just standing there looking awesome. The old man said it was too showy. Interesting comment given he was an RAF fighter pilot at the time:confused:

Back