Something which I and a friend began to find, is the difficulties we faced,
trying to find
parts.

We created http://www.mofomos.co.uk to help us all out. I am not trying to take
away from any forums, but merely create a cetralised place to look for parts
and cars
either for sale, or wanted. If you have parts for sale already advertised,
you are
more than welcome to just add a URL link to your current advert on Mofomos.

Take a look, feel free to leave feedback, or send in details of local meets
to
me at timn@mofomos.co.uk and I will add them up.

There are a few other benefits on the site, with a great deal more coming
soon, one of
which will include a tuning shop directory, by location.

I will also be posting messages on approximately 50 other forums, the
number of people who will see you adverts will be huge...

Why pay money to Autotrader, when you don't have to !

Kind Regards and Happy Browsing

Tim

P.S. I have added a link to this site on mofomos.co.uk.
If you would like the link removed, please email me at
timn@mofomos.co.uk

Hi Mark,

Its not spam. I'm not making money out of this. It is something which has been done in my spare time purely to help others and myself source Japanese car parts.

Regards

Tim

Its still spam if you're making a profit from it or not... You are using our forum to advertise your product for free... Its just like junk mail in your post, or spam in your email.

its up to our moderators if this stays or not.

looks like it might be beneficial to both our members as well
but if you feel its an inappropriate thread
then follow preceedure and report the post whereby the comittee can look upon it and deal with the issue accordingly

cheers guys

Hi Moff, can't see anything wrong with it myself. Just a bit more in your face than Markp.coms little advert at the foot of his signature?

Markp.com said:
Its still spam if you're making a profit from it or not... You are using our forum to advertise your product for free... Its just like junk mail in your post, or spam in your email.

Gotta say I agree with Mark. Moff has joined the site but not the club, he is making no other contribution to the club and although his site is 'not for profit' I question whether, if it proved successful, he would refuse the attraction of the filthy lucre from commercial interests to advertise on his site wouldn't be refused.

lastminute.com was someone's basic idea to start with and it expanded.

Can I offer my consultancy services on the site on the understanding that alot of members are self employed and may need my assistance to help them through certain legislation. Of course it's for members benefits because I would offer a 'special' discount to Z club members.

Of course, if Moff wants to pay for a banner ad the same as Mike Feeney and Dave Jarman, amongst others, have then I wouldn't have such a problem with it

Terry

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Markp.com

Just a bit more in your face than Markp.coms little advert at the foot of his signature?

so mark please tell us what your demo is all about ?
are you making money out of the use of it if some one plays it ?

but even if your not and terry are not happy i repeat put in to the comittee by reporting the post and your reasons why then it will be seen to and delt with if deenmed appropriate

thankx guys

steven lack said:
but even if your not and terry are not happy i repeat put in to the comittee by reporting the post and your reasons why then it will be seen to and delt with if deenmed appropriate

thankx guys
Done that, but I still have the right to voice an opinion!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

as explained by terry he does have a fair point , shows even more why the site needs locking down to avoid thjis
do we edit moffs post and ask him to follow the lines of a banner and joining
i think so
but equally what is markp demo thing all about?

Done that, but I still have the right to voice an opinion!!

of course you do as us all
just making the small point of if unhappy follow preceedure
only because threw misinterpretation on a seperate thread things got out of hand
and hands were slapped
if its wrong report it , thats all im saying

good luck terry

I disagree.
Moff has made an offer to members to advertise for free on his site. In return he has put up a link to our site.
We don't have to use his site if we don't want to, it's offered as a benefit to any individual who wants to take up his offer.
I can see nothing wrong, the only one to gain will be the advertiser who uses his site.

Also Terry B G's offer seems a fair one. However it poses the question is his offer acceptable because he's a member and Moffs is unacceptable because he is not a member, bearing in mind that Terry will profit from his services (nothing wrong in that) and Moff will not.
BTW didn't Suzy put a post up a while ago asking who did what for a living to see if we could help each other? (wasn't she going to sort out Steve L's path?)

hehehe look at this mass-debate *hehe* ;)

Ok... the "advert" for the game in my footer can be removed if anyone objects, I'm sure its of no interest for any of you old timers here anyway...

The main difference is, I did not sign up to this club and pay my membership fee just so I could post a link here.

I am an active and productive member of this forum.

If a user signs up just to promote something, thats seen as spam.

A better way to go about it would be to have emailed the web master, then worked something out.

I think this video explains it perfectly :) 20mb qt movie

looks like everyone has good points to me
perception is great isnt it
now its gonna be interesting to see what where this goes
lets see what the rest of the comittee feel

steven lack said:
looks like everyone has good points to me
perception is great isnt it
erm, you don't work in politics do you :D

Derek Sulley said:
Also Terry B G's offer seems a fair one. However it poses the question is his offer acceptable because he's a member and Moffs is unacceptable because he is not a member, bearing in mind that Terry will profit from his services (nothing wrong in that) and Moff will not.
My view?? No, neither offer is fair. If I want to advertise my services then I should take up a banner ad. After all, if I'm going to make money out of the club then I should be expected to invest some money into that endeavour.

Steve Lack said:
Just a bit more in your face than Markp.coms little advert at the foot of his signature?
My argument is that with Markp.com's little advert as with the banner ads; you, the user, have to make a conscious decision to click the link and discover what it's about.

This ad, like spam, you do not get the choice, it is thrust into your face under the teasing header of 'new website' (I initially thought it was something to do with the Z Club site) only to discover it's an ad!! I was fair miffed when I saw it.

Maybe closing areas of the site to members is the answer. All I can say is that I didn't like it, don't like and will be a bit peeved if it happens again.

Terry B G

Terry B G said:
My view?? No, neither offer is fair. If I want to advertise my services then I should take up a banner ad. After all, if I'm going to make money out of the club then I should be expected to invest some money into that endeavour.

My argument is that with Markp.com's little advert as with the banner ads; you, the user, have to make a conscious decision to click the link and discover what it's about.

This ad, like spam, you do not get the choice, it is thrust into your face under the teasing header of 'new website' (I initially thought it was something to do with the Z Club site) only to discover it's an ad!! I was fair miffed when I saw it.

Maybe closing areas of the site to members is the answer. All I can say is that I didn't like it, don't like and will be a bit peeved if it happens again.

Terry B G
Totally agree!

Its generally not good to post a thread advertising something as soon as you join a forum... in real life, it'd be like running into a room full of people and shouting "HEY LOOK AT ME!!! I'VE GOT SOME STUFF YOU WANT!" Not only is it bad manners, but it detracts from the current forum.

I wonder how it would impact your membership if all but a couple of the forums were for members only.

Maybe have a general forum and a support forum open to the public, then the rest closed so only paid up club members could access it.

At the same time, I would never have been a part of this club if thats how it worked here.

Things like this are always going to be a double edged sword, but thats what we have a comitee for! :)

Back