New Uk based free 350z community!

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all

this is just a quick message to spread the word about our new free UK based 350z community!

It is NOT in opposition to this or any other club, it is just another community where people can gather, share opinions, help each other out etc. It is completely free and run by enthusiasts.
We have forums, live chat, gallery etc. Althought the site is still in its infancy (and been put together in 10 days) we are looking forward to your contributions to make the Z popular in the UK :)

www.350z-uk.com

Valerio

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
whats the point of yet another 350z club? There is one here that has the same as you offer and more and yes it's free too....all it does is split people up and have a smaller voice!

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
grolls said:
whats the point of yet another 350z club? There is one here that has the same as you offer and more and yes it's free too....all it does is split people up and have a smaller voice!
I don't want to get into site bashing, so I'll let you judge for yourself. I don't know which site you refer to, but if it's the one I am thinking of in the UK it's NOT free.

We welcome new members and look forward to collaborate with people from this site too! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
TheMinel said:
I don't want to get into site bashing, so I'll let you judge for yourself. I don't know which site you refer to, but if it's the one I am thinking of in the UK it's NOT free.

We welcome new members and look forward to collaborate with people from this site too! :)

No, I dont mean the other site, I mean why start a new 350z site when you have this one? You have a forum headed 350z here and you're creating 1, more work for yourselves and 2, a divide ? why?

Arkwright

Inactive
May I ask what is wrong with this site?
This is a club for ALL models of Z
There is a forum already set up for 350Z on it which is increasingly being used. I fail to see why you need to start another one.
If you are unhappy with the forum on this site why don't you volunteer to develop it and take a load off our Webmaster who is already overworked. If you or some of your friends were to do this it would lead to increased membership of this club and unite the Z Community giving it a bigger voice in motoring circles and possibly with Nissan .
I think it is an act of folly to keep subdividing different marques of the Z at a time when we should be uniting to move the club forward and encompass these marques under one banner.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
nothing wrong with this site! In fact I look forward to work together with you guys!

That's our difference, as opposed to "the other site"! We have already got partnership with 1 major US site and one italian tuner, looking to expand the international flavour in our board!

I am a new meber here and look forward to contribute here TOO!

:D

3Fiddy

Forum User
So we at 350zukownersclub.com don`t work with the Z club? So we`re not supporting the weston super mare meet? Steve Burns isn`t a member of our site?

Sorry, I must be confused V :p ;)

Best of luck mate :)

Last edited by a moderator:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
All I see is a divide between clubs and cars. I dont give a monkeys **** why the old 350 club broke up, but what i do care about is that we all stick together and prefebly in one forum.Everyone sticking together has to be a good thing or am I missing the point?

Arkwright

Inactive
This is not personal. 3Fiddy you ARE confused. Read the posts again with the commas in the right place. You make 3 points, none of which relate to what has been said.
Misinterpretation starts trouble.

3Fiddy

Forum User
Derek Sulley said:
This is not personal. 3Fiddy you ARE confused. Read the posts again with the commas in the right place. You make 3 points, none of which relate to what has been said.
Misinterpretation starts trouble.
excuse me? dear oh dear, little wonder this forum is quiet.

350Znismo

Forum User
Hi Just joined (found a link from the free 350Z-uk.com site) and I agree with Derek we should work together to maximise the enjoyment with the minimum work for both.
On the 350Z-uk.com we are trying to offer detailed information and enjoyment for current and potential owners.
But as a general, the forums should share our information (I will post on our site if this is feasible) if not I hope to join your site and hopefully we can cerate a close sharing experience,
I hope I have the opportunity to join you at your Weston-Super-Mare meet.

Arkwright

Inactive
Hi 350Znismo, super phrase "....we.should work together to maximise the enjoyment with the minimum of work...."
The point I and probably Grolls was trying to make is why do it elsewhere when you can do it here. The infrastructure is already in place, it just needs some 350Z enthusiasts to develop it.
Our motto is 'one club all the cars' We are The Z Club not the 240, 260 or whatever, all are welcome.

Anyway welcome to the site, join the club proper and get the award-winning magazine,and enjoy the WSM meet.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Valerio and Mark

I'm sure no offence is inferred to either 350Z clubs here and we do not want to get involved a “my club is better than yours” argument (thought of course ours is:D :D :rolleyes: ;) ).
All the best to both of you and yes we would love to work with both of you.

Personally I think it is shame about the 350Z club split and for that matter the fact that there is more than one club catering for all our cars for the whole country, but these things happen in any club. (I think it is a book by Paxman that talks about the English trait of multiply clubs for any occupation/hobby/craft etc I know I have two associations for my job!)

At the end of the day it is about the cars we love and I hope we can all meet up and enjoy that fact. There is room for co-existence here and many joint club memberships proves this.

I will be posting and inviting both clubs to Z Club events as I do with the 300ZX forum.

350Znismo

Forum User
Remember a little competition is always healthy as the end user always wins.

There is always different ways to reach the end goal as we decided to seek support and funding to run a free site, and our aim was to create a free environment for all members that want to enjoy the knowledge base around the 350Z.

From this is the next level to pay for service, its down to preference, we are all here to enjoy the same thing.

Suzy thanks for the offer I will certainly join your site and any help with shared information will benefit us all round.

dav350z

Club Member
grolls said:
I would like to put my 'two pennies worth' in.

I am a fully paid up member of both the ZClub and 350zownersclub and was also a subscribed member of the now defunct 350zuk forum, so have no issues with whether a site is free or not.

What is important to me is the number of active members/posters, so that when you want advice or answers to questions or indeed just a chat, there is a depth of knowledge/interest within the membership.

To give you an example, I posted a question yesterday in the Z33 section and I had only one answer all day. Had I posted that in one of the other sites there would have been numerous replies within a few hours.

Having said all that I fully agree with Grolls & Derek that we are just diluting the interest by having more sites/forums and that isn't good for anyone.

Don't know what the answer is but I do know that bickering between us is not going to help anyone and will turn potential members away!!

Dave.

350Znismo

Forum User
I think thats Dereks point, its down to us to populate this site and use it, they have done the work we just need to start using it.
If you read a post on the other free, or pay per view, site that answers a question here, bring it back and post it here for others to read.
If we all do that this section will soon grow.:)

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
dav350z said:
Don't know what the answer is but I do know that bickering between us is not going to help anyone and will turn potential members away!!

Dave.

Very true.......Grolls>anti dilution