my imported 350Z

Sunny350Z

Forum User
Hi All,

Just joined Zclub and finding my way round the site. I bought an imported fairlady Z ST 2-weeks ago and I love my new motor. Luckily the previous owner had all of the changes done to pass its first MOT.

The car has the equivilent to the GT pack, orange leather, park sensors and over £8K worth of extras including fully adjustable Tien Suspension, ING Body Kit, full Stainless Steel Exhaust & Manifold & 19" Volks Racing Rims. Photo's will be added soon...

If you have any info that would be useful on things to know about imports please let me know.

I have the Bose 6-disks stereo but I can't pick up UK radio stations. I have made a few calls and it seems that there are two ways of sorting it. The first is a Band Expander that will increase the range but the radio may not display the actual station and you get a reduction in the sound quality. cost is around £30 for the part + £50 fitting. I found another company that can upgrade the stereo but they are charging £250. Has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to do it and a reasonable cost?

Also, I need another key cut and Nissan have quoted me £350 for the key and to have it programmed. Ouch!!! Any money saving tips would appreciated.

:350Z:

Mr.G

Club Member
Welcome!

Car sounds ACE. Do you have any pics?

Have you heard of Mike Feeney of MJP Auto? He is known as Mr.F on this forum, he runs a 350Z amongst other Zs, and can supply most parts for these cars. He is also a Z Guru Nut, and knows pretty much everything there is to know. He might be able to supply the key for a better price or at least advice you of where else to go. His web site is: http://www.mjpauto.com/

Well done on the purchase... I will get one, one day...

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Sunny350Z said:
Just joined Zclub

Did you join just this website or the Zclub "proper" as it were

If you havent joined the club your missing out on loads of interesting stuff, maybe you would even like to write about your car in the magazine

Sunny350Z

Forum User
I've just joined the website and not the zClub yet. I'm looking around at other sites and getting an idea of what infomation is around

Russ

Club Member
Yeh photos!

If you use the search facility of this forum some things have already been covered before, including something on the 350 radio etc :)

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
Sunny350Z said:
I've just joined the website and not the zClub yet. I'm looking around at other sites and getting an idea of what infomation is around

if you e-mail me your address I'll send you a prospective membership pack.
suzy.threadgold@hotmail.co.uk

Hope this forum can help, as George says Mr F will hopefully be able to answer some of your questions.
look forward to seeing some photos, sounds like you have pick up a great motor

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny350Z

Forum User
guys I've uploaded my pics. As you will see I didn't want anything over the top so I was luck to find this 350Z just how I wanted it. Hope you like it. let me know what you think...

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
Derek Sulley said:
very smart and it's not blue. Good choice.

Azure are best, and faster, everyone knows that :)

Welcome to the new guy Sunny, looking forward to the pics! :D

dav350z

Club Member
Nice car Sunny. I see you have the Brembo's fitted too.
Welcome to the site.

As far as joining is concerned, you will be aware that there are dedicated 350Z sites around, but I think it is good to support the Zclub, which caters for all the Z's and it is great to keep that heritage going. It is vital for the club going forward that owners of 350's support the club, as this should be the growth area for the club.

Plus it is more interesting to read up on the 'older' models too, rather than just the latest one.

Join up - you won't be disappointed and it's very good value.

Dave.

Russ

Club Member
I echo Daves comments but would like to add that if more 350z owners joined us then there'd be a greater 350 community HERE. The committee and club will do everything we can to support 350 owners of course, and we already have many existing benefits you might not find elsewhere.

TheMinel

Well-Known Forum User
dav350z said:
As far as joining is concerned, you will be aware that there are dedicated 350Z sites around, but I think it is good to support the Zclub, which caters for all the Z's and it is great to keep that heritage going.

if you want to pay for only 1 club membership, this one is the one to join! :D