My 280zx

loose_unit

Forum User
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, feel free to move it.

She's a 1982, 135,000KM's on the clock (about 70,000miles)

Targa tops :) manual with the 175mm clutch (I think that's correct, was there such a thing as a 175mm clutch?)

virtually no rust, a little surface rust on the body which i'm going to fix up when I get some money to get it out of the garage.

Just thought i'd show it off :)

Feel free to ask questions.

btw, that's me gimping it up in the 2nd picture... that was the day I got it :)

edit: ALSO:

there has been some interesting debate on wether or not this is actually a 280z or a 280zx...

the chassis number is S130-####### without the correct model information :(

and it has no chassis plate... any ideas as to exactly what this is?

Attachments

• 280z.jpg
    280z.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 77
  • joe-280z.jpg
    joe-280z.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
suzy said:
Where in the world are you?

Somewhere sunny, lucky so and so ;)

Nice motor! Clutches are either 225mm or 240mm normally, 175mm sounds a wee bit off unless it's some mad multi-pressure plate competion thing :unsure:

Cheers,
Rob

loose_unit

Forum User
Cheers guys :D

suzy said:
Where in the world are you?

New Zealand :)

Black Bug said:
Clutches are either 225mm or 240mm normally, 175mm sounds a wee bit off unless it's some mad multi-pressure plate competion thing

ok, cool... I was going off of memory and all I know that it wasn't a "low model" clutch, it was the higher model one.

that'll be something to checkout in the "Project Rebuild"

loose_unit

Forum User
pmac said:
Yep me too Susy, especially as it looks like a full JDM Fairlady spec.
look at the mirrors!!

what does full JDM spec mean?

I know it has cruise control (which doesn't work thanks to the previous owner removing it FFS although planning to put that back in)

P.S. I'm kinda still new to the whole Z thing, I only got the car about 12 months ago and it's been garaged for the past 5-6 due to it failing a warrant and me not having a job.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
what does full JDM spec mean?

Japanese Domestic Market.

Looking at your mirrors etc and based on my knowledge of having a 280ZX ex NewZealand at one time, Im assuming yours is similar . Ie Badged up as a "Fairlady" as opposed to a Datsun/Nissan

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nice - very nice (ditto what Pmac said) and what are those wheels - have you another photo ? I was going to guess Devon - bloody miles off :) !

loose_unit

Forum User
there has been some interesting debate on wether or not this is actually a 280z or a 280zx...

the chassis number is S130-####### without the correct model information :(

and it has no chassis plate... any ideas as to exactly what this is?

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
???? Who's debated that? It's 280ZX, no questions asked, even before checking the S130 (280ZX ID code). Targa tops are also a bit of a give away ;)

Cheers,
Rob

loose_unit

Forum User
heh, fair enough :)

A few things though, it's registered and was sold to me as a 280z, it has NO zx badges on it what so ever

and the chassis number should read GSTS130 i believe or something similar and it doesnt... just S130.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
loose_unit said:
heh, fair enough :)

A few things though, it's registered and was sold to me as a 280z, it has NO zx badges on it what so ever.

Hi,
The Japanese market cars were called Fairlady Z's, so you could call it a 280Z I suppose?