Mounting location for mirrors on the front wings

Robbie J

Club Member
I don't want to get into the debate about fitting JDM mirrors to RHD converted US car but does anybody have dimensions as to where to drill the holes?

I'm sure I saw something on the site but I can find it by searching

I found the below, is this right?

1646669372327.png

richiep

Club Member
I believe this is the positioning on a RHD car.

View attachment 49327
This is the correct one (although there are slight variations on the JDM cars). The key point is they are positioned with an offset so as to make them work effectively from the driver's position. It's also important to note that these are based on using the correct, long stalk mirrors, not the chrome, shorter stalk 510/GC10 ones that often get used.

Robbie J

Club Member
This is the correct one (although there are slight variations on the JDM cars). The key point is they are positioned with an offset so as to make them work effectively from the driver's position. It's also important to note that these are based on using the correct, long stalk mirrors, not the chrome, shorter stalk 510/GC10 ones that often get used.
Its so long ago I don't know what length mirrors I have. How long is the long stalk ones?

+thx for the picture Geoff

richiep

Club Member
Its so long ago I don't know what length mirrors I have. How long is the long stalk ones?

+thx for the picture Geoff
I’d have to check but haven’t got any to hand. The main distinction- the long stalk ones for Zs only came in black. The short stalk ones are chrome.

TimFZ

Club Member
Plan view

Attachments

• IMG_20220310_220039.jpg
    IMG_20220310_220039.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220310_220031.jpg
    IMG_20220310_220031.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 7