Modern paintcode for 216 white

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Does anybody know the closest modern equivalent to 216 white? I've decided to go with that colour for the paint job but can't find 216 in any paint code comparison books.

What year is it? I have got all my old paint colours perfect from a PPG paint supplier, I also have paint chips and samples, I can get you a contact tomorrow in Swindon but there must be a PPG supplier closer to you.

It's listed as 1974-1979. Actually it's going to be a temporary rattle can job (yeah I know, don't even go there!), that way I can make my mind up if it's definitely what I want to do when it comes to getting the final respray done.

Mine is 401 white. Original 240z colour and I've never had a problem getting paint matched.
Its a White White as opposed to a cream or an off white.
Wes

531 is quite a white, white and 002 is a bit more creamy. I have been struggling to find what my 280zx was painted in as the sun and time have taken their toll, but 531 is too white for me now.

erm... rattlecan lol

Haven't looked into the final proper paint job yet, this is just temporary as half the car is going to be bare metal after welding, body work, removing the vinyl roof etc. so needs to be protected.

[EDIT] ok, this is weird -- I just typed 'Nissan Polar White' into google and it comes up as 216 and 531, so maybe I have by accident found the right shade. Also, it's not as white white as it seems; comparing it to all the other shades of white in a paint chart it's definitely more of an off-white.

Last edited by a moderator:
according to my Dupont paint book 216 is polar white 74-80 but 531 is crystal white 86-onwards

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought 326 was Crystal White? Why do they keep changing paint codes, it just makes it confusing!

if think it depends on what you are using as your paint reference.i still have a dupont book but it only goes up to 1996 but it lists colours back to about 1964 which is handy plus we have glasurit at work to check colours out aswell

Back