Mathewson’s 240Z

Rushingphil

Club Member
Mmm. Interesting one. Taking a close look at a few of those photos, would indicate a potentially very rusty shell under that pretty paint job. :-(

richiep

Club Member
That estimate is quite a few years out of date!

As for the car, I think it's what you can expect for an older UK restoration that turns up for sale these days. Generally looks okay, but undoubtedly could get very expensive to bring up to the standard of what people expect in a restoration today. That's the kind of car that was knocking around in the early 2000s, when I got into Zs, for the 4-6k mark. Like my Fairlady Z, previous restoration had been done, but for every good bit of previous work, there was a corner cut somewhere else to sort out. The legacy of cars that were worth very little for much of the 80s and 90s and bodged or built to budgets. That's why your car is a gem Phil - no previous bodges to fix - just OEM rust! :D

uk66fastback

Club Member
Hedge, what did it need that made you think it was only worth that much for a RHD car? Sounds like it might have been quite a lot of serious stuff ...

hedgehogdodger

Well-Known Forum User
if i would have paid what i thought was right £12/13500 spend another £8 to 10 grand then i really nice car for £24 to 25grand but paying £17.200 plus transport costs the car is creeping up to £28.000 maybe more once you get into it.I had my price and stuck to it.