Making Rust Fun !

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
For all of you who thought you had rust problems with your Z, [ and even those who don't know it yet ! ] check this video out from one of our American friends. There is loads more on the US z-club site but this gives you a taster of what you might/will find on your rust-free Z !

http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mu...ull@hugo01.wmv

Can't seem to get this to work. Maybe try the US website direct, posted by MULL under "Zclub stories"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Russ: As you gather computers are not my forte!

These guys must be totally nuts! Can't fault their determination though. Only comment I would make [apart from the brilliant videos] is that I hope the dimensional integrity is maintained as with that much metal taken out the shell is liable to end up twisted!

Very impressed at this young guys video editing/directing skills as well as his ability to work on his Z - ok strip his Z ;), but I am sure he will put it back properly - seems like a clever guy. Well done to you Mull!! :)

Well done Nigel - for someone who claims computers are not their forte that was a great find!

Nigel: Sometimes the forum software kills links, not your fault it didn't work.

Yeh watched all 12 in succession and then went straight out on the drive and fitted my windows lol. No matter how bad your Z is, it can't be that bad. I guess he must work for SCE, to be honest I think I'd have found myself a different shell, but fair play for doing all that! I just hope it remains straight or doesn't fall to pieces the first time he hits a speed hump.

Quality video editing as welll. I have done a small amount and it's hard work and takes ages.

Great find :) More like that please. Made my dad watch it and said "we need a better mig welder", mine never does as tidy a job ;)

:S30:

well done nigel a good find. and i thought i had a lot of welding to go they love there Zs dont they....

spagit147
260z 2+2

i found it to be very interesting and was hoping there would be more....... and like russ i went in my garage and did some bits on my car after watching the videos:santa:

I've e-mailed him a couple times and he's really friendly. You should see the conrods and stuff he's bought over at HybridZ.org, this project will end up great! I got the feeling he worked for SCE but I don't think he does. I guess he's just a single guy living at home, no mortgage, kids, wife, dog etc so he has expendable cash. Great way to spend it, nice to see people lead filling instead of the plastic stuff you get now.

THAT'S where I'm going wrong!!!

I just need to sell my house, and Wife and children....

Simple when you think about it :)

Incredable amount of work, it allmost makes me wish I had another hobby. I would also be intersted to no why they have deemed to weld up the petrol filler cover :conf2: . Cant wait for more installements.

Mike

Well he must be re-locating it to make it smoother. Personally I wouldn't bother, just delock the flap :)

Cool toy's in this play pen!!

Well I thought my Flintstones rumble tub impression was rotten, now I see what Ben meant when he told me in December 'it's not that bad I've seen worse'.
I've gotta get me some of this guys cool air tools:bow: ......I want, I want, I want, oh please Santa, pretty please!!!!

Top vidz, brave man, but what a bostin toy shop!!!

Nigel;)

MaximG said:
Incredable amount of work, it allmost makes me wish I had another hobby. I would also be intersted to no why they have deemed to weld up the petrol filler cover :conf2: . Cant wait for more installements.

Mike
I get the impression it's going to be a race car of sorts.

Back