Lying Time Waster

Wyn

Club Member
I thought I had sold my 260z on ebay but… :mad:

Jim keepin from newcastle upon tyne, the "supposed" buyer refused to take the car on the grounds that…. “I only had the top part of the log book (old style 2 piece type) he therefore wouldn’t buy it” esp as I wanted to send it off in his name!

I knew full well he was talking bollox, but just to be 100% sure, I got on the phone and asked both the police + DVLC. They both told me it would be fine. Just send the top part of the old log book off in the new owners name, he would then receive a new style book in a few weeks time !!

Jim wouldn’t listen to that o no!

I also phoned 2 car dealers who also said it was fine to buy and sell like that!

Jim still wouldn’t listen, I was wrong. You can’t buy cars with just the top part.

Anyway, Jim went on his way telling me he would call in at a local post office and ask there, he then was to call back whilst I waited.

But he only used that as an excuse not to buy the Z after realising it wasn’t what he thought it might be!!

He knew full well he could have taken the car.

He also knew full well he was just talking b****x, just to do the off!!

I was right and he knew it. He just needed a quick get out!

Btw, I also know he lied about asking at a local post office (re the logbook issue) because there isn’t one where he had just gone lol.

He also lied about letting me know after visiting this fictitious post office, as I followed him and he just drove off straight past my house with no intention of stopping!!

Anyway a day later I calmed down and politely phoned Jim

The old book was now sent off and within a few weeks a nice new book would be here!

Problem solved!

But

Now he didn’t even want the car (like I couldn't guess what was coming lol)

His reasons were…

1) The car would not run...

1) As stated in the advert, the carbs would need cleaning out. He as well as me both heard that car run for a short while, granted it then cut out, but as he well knew, that was just because of no fuel + sods law the battery went flat after churning it over.

Given a little longer, he knew that that car would have fired back into life and he knew it!!

2) The wing was also dented!

2) Let’s all look at this dent shall we…….. :eek:

zwasrt2.jpg

Can we all see this big dent yes?

Look at it a little closer!

zwaster1.jpg

Ow look; there it is, right where I’ve marked the pic. Obviously as everyone can see the wing is absolutely f***ed !! :mad:

Don’t forget… he bid ott for this car…. THEN…. asked me if the wing was dented... Most people ask first, and then bid!
Was a good get out reason tho wasn't it?!

3) The logbook

This is the best bit

Here is the book. (I.D removed to protect the innocent)

260zlogbbol.jpg

Here is the chassis plate (sorry bit small but best pic I got)

plate1.jpg

Because I hadn’t got the “lower” section, he told me.... “I am ringing/doubling up” the car.

As already stated, the lower section had been sent off. He just used that and the others as p1ss poor excuses not to buy the car!

He knew full well he didn’t even need a logbook as such to buy the car, so wtf was he going on about!! Esp after the police and dvlc both confirmed the above! (Don’t forget he is a car trader as he told me, who also has loads of Z’s lol)

So as a gesture of good will (+ the fact I knew he didn’t even want it) I offered to deliver the now running car at no charge to him once the new logbook was here

Guess what!

He still didn’t want it lol

So after all this I've finally come to admit the truth

He was right all along, I am doubling up that 260z as he told me lol :confused:

Here is the other doubled Z he was on about.

http://www.zclub.net/gallery/data/500/1345BlueZ1-med.JPG

I've obv rung it haven’t I :confused:
esp as its my a f***ing 240

So Jim, once again .......you are a f***ing liar!

I really hope the people reading this remember your name; they need to! In case they are misfortunate enough to have to deal with the dishonest lying time waster that you are!

Hey mate that really sucks, there are too many people out there like that :(

Try to kick back and enjoy Christmas though, there will be another buyer! Offer it to the next highest bidder if you want rid, ebay can do that :)

Better luck next time :santa:

Cheers Russ

I guess if the chap had been a little more honest then it wouldn’t have been so bad. But as he just blatantly lied about everything it becomes a different thing.

I think you have every right to be pi**ed off and ever right to have a moan too!

Had my own share of timewasters on ebay too, I know how annoying it is.

Have a Good Christmas, and besides I am sure you wanted the car to go to a good home anyway. :)

Just to let you all know ran a check yesterday after hearing this from Wynn and could find no record of a Jim Keepin on either of the Clubs Data bases.
think you should think about posting a negative post on him on Ebay.

Wyn, I feel for you, You're quite right to feel the way you do, If it was'nt for Xmas
I would have his 'nut's' just like PAUL BURRELL had kangaroo bollock's in the jungle.
The car will go to someone.....Happy Xmas DJZ 60.

Russ said:
Wyn say what you really feel, don't hold back :D LOL good one :D
Cheers Russ, that’s one prob with ebay; you can only use a few words - else I would have posted the above post as his feedback !!

DJZ 60 said:
Wyn, I feel for you, You're quite right to feel the way you do, If it was'nt for Xmas
I would have his 'nut's' just like PAUL BURRELL had kangaroo bollock's in the jungle.
The car will go to someone.....Happy Xmas DJZ 60.
Cheers DJ

Hopefully the car will be born again :)

Make sure you inform ebay that he is a non paying bidder as you will be able to claim back the ebay costs to you from the null sale.

...... and as if by magic, look what should turn up a few days ago

book1.jpg

The new logbook exactly as I said it would !! :mad:

Now who's the liar Jim
wtnd11_old.gif

Can't see anything wrong with your ebay advert. Wonder what the twat thought he was getting when he drove down from Newcastle

Z32 Bought Of Ebay

I am a firm believer of the ebay way ha!ha! & last year i purchased my 300zxz32 of ebay in london for £3700 .I bought it from the owners honest description etc & went up with the cash on a sunday morning & bought it without actually seeing the car or driving it(must be mad) .Thinking back it would of been very awkward if i did not want the car but it has been great & certainly worth it but you do get some right t-----s on ther sometimes but i would buy a car again.:) :)

Back