Lumenition system.

Craig_260

Well-Known Forum User
Hey guys quick question I've just got myself a Lumenition kit from MJP, My question being for those that have this snazzy little kit where have you connected your live? The little instruction manual suggests the ballast or the fuse box. But where on the fuse box what Colour wire do I splice into? Or is there a more convenient place closer to the dizzy?
TIA
Craig

The ballast resistor is right by the distributor - I'd go for that.
In fact, if you don't, I think you'll find your rev counter doesn't work.

Oh fair one Ballast it is then, Someone has wired in my fuel pump to that so ill re wire that instead thanks for the advice :thumbs:.

Little update, I did as you guys said and attached it to the ballast and put my fuel pump on a switch elsewhere its fitted it fixed my ignition trouble im over the moon now i just need the carbs tuned but im booking that in next week :D

Well done,
unless you're changing needles/jets, a colourtune and an air flow meter is all you need to set the SU carbs up.
If you can fit the Lumenition, I'd bet you can adjust the carbs.....

No not changing needles just adjusting the air/fuel ratio as its running very rich at the moment. I have an air flow meter but I cant say I've heard of a colourtune whats one of those?

colourtune is a special sparkplug that you can see through, so you can tell how it's burning.
gunson colortune 14mm,carburettor/mixture,tuning,spark plug,renault 5 gt turbo!! | eBay

so I use that to set the idle mixture right, and the mixture should be right through the rest of the range if the needle is right.

there are of course other ways to do it - old skool way is to adjust the mixture at idle until you get the fastest idle.

Brilliant I think that i could do that no problem. such a great idea too thanks for the info watching it now :)

I have one of those colourtune kits but it is very difficult to see the results, it always looks like i am running too rich according to the colourtune, but spark plug colour is spot on!:confused: Air flow meters are brilliant though!!

colourtune is a special sparkplug that you can see through, so you can tell how it's burning.
gunson colortune 14mm,carburettor/mixture,tuning,spark plug,renault 5 gt turbo!! | eBay

so I use that to set the idle mixture right, and the mixture should be right through the rest of the range if the needle is right.

there are of course other ways to do it - old skool way is to adjust the mixture at idle until you get the fastest idle.

Just want to make sure I have correct measurements what should the air flow be and what psi should the fuel be going g through at (I have a fpr). I'm running slightly lean so just adjusted now want to make sure all the rest is good.

Back