Loton park

ben240z

Club Member
Hi Nigel, hope you have a good one at loton this weekend. I am working nights saturday night otherwise we would have been up to see you. Catch up with you next year hopefully. Is your wife driving the Z yet? cheers ben

ben240z said:
Hi Nigel, hope you have a good one at loton this weekend. I am working nights saturday night otherwise we would have been up to see you. Catch up with you next year hopefully. Is your wife driving the Z yet? cheers ben

Cheers for that Ben, I'm running Sunday only (even club press officer/committee member's get no privilages in oversubscribed events :D )although I'll be at the park all weekend; Nicky's had a drive or two on the road just got to sort kit and licence and we'll be up for the practice weekend March next year.
Still developing/learing the motor, scooby diff still to go in, but i'm holding off till January for the install, enjoying the drives out to our lovely shropshire pubs in the afternoon too much, just got to get Nicky to do the drive back aswell:devil:
See you

Nigel

Hi nigel how did loton go? I heard that there was a problem with dust on the track on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aquaplane Z'ed

Hi Ben
Saturday was the dry'ish day, but yesterday was another animal, we had some rain, then we had some more, and then we had a lot more:(

Had big miss fire issue just getting to the park, nothing over 3K, couldn't pass a TVR on a bloody trailer being towed by a beamer:D , fiddled and farted as you'd expect, got it back onto 5 cylinders (cracked cap, blinking new one at that:confused: ) only to have oil from front crank seal leaking heavy due to build up in crankcase pressure due to missfire, did both practice runs but nothing to shout about, missed first run getting parts, and threw the towel in (I must say it was a very wet towel;) ) for the second run as they kept holding the runs due to excessive water at the top and the finish; did as a true sportsman and propped up the nearest bar:)

Got the winter to sort the diff now and check the motor over again (although I must say it flew back from the park with it's old cap and arm), still all in a weekends fun and frolics.

Met a couple of Zed owners, one just finished a 10 year build on a 240 was the noise test officer from the RACMSA, he may run it next season to keep us company:)

Regards to you both.

Nigel

Back