looks like my racing days are on hold for now

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
just waiting for confirmation from the hospital but i'm more than likely gonna be out of action for a while! i've been diagnosed with something call carpul tunnel syndrome, an rsi though mine has been caused by using hammer drills etc... don't quite understand it fully but the doctor said its totally fixable though at the moment i'm losing the use of my left hand! does anyone know what the hell it is as i'm supposed to be having surgery on my wrist to cure it and they want to do one wrist at a time then 6 to 10 weeks physio before they do the other wrist. anyone out their have any medical experience in this matter?

Its bone growth where the nerve passes through your joints in the wrist and crushing the nerve so hence pain and lack of grip etc, they open you up and scrape away the growth i hear, do a google search on it for the full run down.

Hi I had this about 2 years ago, my job involves heavy lifting eg 20 ton a day. It occured when I went back to work after 2 weeks hols, because my muscles had relaxed during the break, it was very painful & thought I would never be lifting again in fact didn't think I would be doing anything again. Anyway surgery was mentioned if the resting & support did not work, so I was off work for a month resting my wrist it took longer than that to fully recover but at least I did not have to have the op & have been humping 20 ton a day since recovering. The very best thing I found was a sports wrist support, bought it from Boots it heats up your wrist, takes the pain away & enables you to do a few chores. Wishing you well in a fast recovery & avoiding the surgery.

had both wrists done about 10 years ago as a day patient. was back to work a week later as a race engineer. had no physio but maybe my local nhs trust had no money as usual, all spent on jollies for hospital managers to recruit nurses in the phillippines!! why do they never recruit from iraq?? or am i just a cynical old f*rt??
only real bad news was couldn't use a hammer properly for around 6 weeks after the op! best of luck

sorry to hear you news Steve, hope it is all sorted soon and you are back out on the Pod!

cheers guys, got the op date so i guess i'll be spectating this season! worst thing is i can't even hold a drill in my right hand at the moment and some d'head put a nail through both my front tyres so my zed is now sat on its rims and i've no way of even taking the wheels off to fix it. sucks huh? anyway i'll keep you informed of my progress. fingers crossed! though even that hurts lol.

keep going!!!

Hi ....... Sorry to hear of your condition,don't despair...'Never say Die' &
think ahead positively. Hope all goes well.... ( I alway's look back at the
determination of Douglas Bader) & things will positively improve.
Best wishes & moral support in this your time of need.
Regard'zzz DJZ 60.

Sorry about the red ink! I've run out of black!:)

true suzy but we found out about a month ago that katy was pregnant so she won't be lifting anything for a long time! plus we've just bought a new house aswell so its all go! think i've got out of the removals work though.

the new house has a 38 foot long garage 1 and 1/2 wide plus parking for seven cars so you can all visit, sweets accepted lol

Don't worry about the op - I know a few people (including my late piano-playing father) who had the carpal tunnel thing and it all worked out fine. If you're in Ascot and still need your wheel nuts twiddled next weekend, let me know.

Ey up Steve mate, sorry to hear about your troubles but I'm sure you will get through it dude. Great news about Katie, I hope she's doing well :) My first offering to the expansion of the human race will be arriving at the end of April, it's really exciting matey - I can't stop grinning about it LOL :D:D

Let us know when the house/garage/drive warming party is and I'll bring the Leicester contingent down to stir things up in Ascot :devil:

All the best dude,

Peach

Hey up,

If i can drive with one leg you can drive with one hand LOL!!

Can i do some donuts in your garage?? :D

Crap matey, i'm really sorry to hear that. I think a mate of mine had that, the operation itself involves creating a larger tunnel for the nerves to go through?

He made a quick recovery and is back fitting windows again now.

Hope you feel better soon bud and look after yourself,

Nick

steve you know if you need a hand getting the wheels on and of all you gotta do is ring bud you know that right. i got mad skills lool

thanks jim, didn't want to speak for you plus you've fixed my zed more than once. didn't want to take the you know what

not yet, tyres arrive on monday so as soon as i know they are their i'll start trying to arrange something, it not that bad at the moment, found these deWalt work gloves that are gel lined and support the wrist, so i will almost certainly be at the pod though i've persuaded jimjitsu to run my car up the strip.

Back