Looking for 280zx Clutch Slave Cylinder & Flexi Hose

Ped

Club Member
I need a new clutch slave cylinder and the flexible hose that attaches to it.

The slave cylinder is available on ebay (Delphi brand), but comes with a note saying: 'For OE Brake Sys Nabco'. Are there more than one type of these fitted to a 280ZX?

Also the flexible hose that attaches to the slave cylinder is on its last legs, so I wanted to get hold of a new one. They are available from the States, but surely they must be available here? If I had the spec I could see about getting one made up by Pirtek.

Any advice on the hose, or anyone selling one please contact me.

PS: I know Mike is moving, so don't want to bother him just now.

Hiya mate.

I don't think it really matters what brand for the slave cylinder. I have a Delphi on mine and it works fine. As to the hose, I had mine made up in stainless steel braded hose, It didn't cost a great deal around £25 I think. I cant find my receipt for it so do not have the company name sorry. But there are quite a few companies that will make up hoses for both the brakes and clutch on the internet. I did have to send them my old hose as a pattern.

Hope that helps.

Huw

I have slave cylinder in stock and can get Speedflow braided hose made and delivered separately. You can give me a call today if not sourced elsewhere.

Hiya mate.

I don't think it really matters what brand for the slave cylinder. I have a Delphi on mine and it works fine. As to the hose, I had mine made up in stainless steel braded hose, It didn't cost a great deal around £25 I think. I cant find my receipt for it so do not have the company name sorry. But there are quite a few companies that will make up hoses for both the brakes and clutch on the internet. I did have to send them my old hose as a pattern.

Hope that helps.

Huw

Thanks Huw, I have ordered the Delphi slave cylinder from ebay and Mike Feeney has sorted out a hose for me (cheers Mike!).

The only thing to add to this ( as gone through the same loop recently in my 280zx ) is that with a new slave cylinder it will put strain on an 'old' master cylinder and it will shorten the life of it...so best to get a master cylinder kit as well ( easy to rebuild ) and replace the whole lot at once.....after all, last thing you want is to get stuck with no clutch because the oldest part in the system failed...

cheers
Ash.

The only thing to add to this ( as gone through the same loop recently in my 280zx ) is that with a new slave cylinder it will put strain on an 'old' master cylinder and it will shorten the life of it...so best to get a master cylinder kit as well ( easy to rebuild ) and replace the whole lot at once.....after all, last thing you want is to get stuck with no clutch because the oldest part in the system failed...

cheers
Ash.

Thanks for mentioning this, it had crossed my mind, but I wasn't going to both, however you are right. It is easier to do it sooner rather than later.

cheers
Ash.
at £25 for a new master cylinder rebuilding old units is not worth the effort IMO

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LM60084-M...n_3&fits=Model:280+ZX,ZXT&hash=item51ccad78a0

Agreed, just bought a new one. :thumbs:

Well, I had bought one from ebay, but they called to say they are on back order, even though the listing said 'In Stock', I hate that.

I have reordered from a different supplier at an extra tenner cost, but at least these guy have it in stock.

Back