Le Mans 2005

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Book now if you want to camp !

I've been nagged by tomzawyer (who's right of course) to publish this asap !

This is roughly what we propose for next June:

Friday 3 June Welcome BBQ at camping (same as last year)
Sat 4 Z circuit day near Nantes followed by evening (cine-scenie) at Puy du Fou - www.puydufou.com
Sun 5 chill out : horse riding/ boule competition
mon 6 day visit to Grand Parc du Puy du Fou
Tue 7 karting/touristic drive up to Le Mans and camp
Wed 8 tour around Le Mans - evening practice and qualifying
Thur 9 tour around Le Mans - evening practice and qualifying
Fri 10 Pit walk/drivers parade in town ? meet up for drinkies in the village after the pit walk ?
Sat / Sun race
Mon drive home

I am in the process of costing this, people who are interested should register themselves at my home email address seanz@wanadoo.fr Camping tickets (for Le Mans) and those for the evening Puy du Fou show must be ordered soon !!!! I await confirmation of the circuit day but you know we'd take care of you ! It shouldn't be too expensive since there will be a lot of camping, packed lunches and our own BBQs !

What more do you want ? Any ideas or wishes ?

god i'd love to say yes but my z is in a million bits at the mo, jeez i gotta pull me finger out!!! hope there is spaces left a bit closer to the day.:D

I´m very keen to go but will have to build up a shedload of brownie points first, so can´t confirm for the time being :)

TL

hi sean, will definetly be at le mans next year (only missed this year cause i went to euro 2004 on my motorbike.
always camp on one of the main sites with a load of mates.
would love to meet up with u guys for aleast some of it

see ya

nick

I hate to be the harbenger of doom about this people ,but -
The ACO has MOVED the race . Although they have yet to confirm it they appear to be going for the 18/19th of June . I warn you all cos,apart from Sean ( !!) you will need to get a ferry/tunnel.
IN ADDITION to this those nice people at P&O have halved the number of their dover calais crossings, and cancelled all their longer routes.
Maybe its nothing but my choice was to risk bin laden and go for the tunnel !!
ALSO - if you are booking campsites you need to do it now. I have just booked for Maison Blanche (what a surprise) and have been told I was lucky to get in,so I would recommend speed on this one.
However - once you are booked , and when you get there as always I will be doing the collapse over the food trick in our beer tent! And you are gauranteed a G&T !!
Just follow the Butt Monkey signs!!
Also - the champagne tent behing the pits after the pit lane walkabout will be a good vehue for a "meet" ????
This time Sean - we will have to make sure you are in the Skyline instead of missing it like this year !

:p

I can highly recommend his G&Ts
Like the sounds of Champagne tent on the Friday night. Last time we didn't do the pit lane walk but went up town for the drivers parade, I think I prefer the pit walk, but that's just little old girlie me!!!

But there again might have something to do with the parade girls giving me an inferiority complex!!! Mind you I’m sure I can beat them on cleavage if nothing else…

OK back to the point, Yes it would be great to meet up, sample your fine G&Ts, watch the tent/table juggling, so see you there
S x

Bloody ACO piss me off !
I'll get back to you all ! Still haven't had confirmation of my ticket order and still waiting for Suzy to confirm hers with me !
Shouldn't worry about the Hawaiian trollops - you're twice the woman they are !

Sean - I think thats part of the problem ,the ACO (nice people to do buisiness with) are not confirming to anybody at the moment!
If you have booked directly with them then you will have to wait and wait for any sort of confirmation. In fact last year they bumped a few out ! Sorry - dont wish to worry anybody .....
Mind you if you are outside of Maison Blanche then it is easier . I go through a pukka travel agent (and pay a premium) but they have to then take that risk.
At least you have the advantage of being able to understand what they are saying to you when you call them !

Sorry Sean forgot to confirm!!

Yes can you get us some tickets, 2 entrance and camping, I'll drop you an email.

Hawaiian trollops - I like it!! but you are too kind.

Samurikid,

When and where are we gonna meet up the FRiday evening ? IN the village but where and at what time ?
I'll check out Le Mans for the dates !

The theory was - after the pit lane stumble about go out of the pits and straight into the village. The first two bars you come across should have a champagne bar in them . So I guess we "start" there at 8.00 pm ? How would that fit ? I know its only october but as usual I cant wait. Maybe this year I will even see the race !!:D
What is everybody going down in?
Just a thought - to raise publicity etc - should we be displaying T shirts, hats ,stickers on the cars etc? Maybe not the later one if its not a Z ? Any Z's going ? I like to think that the Skyline is at least in the correct vein , the Sam is not going this year its having another holiday ! Any 350Z's going ?

smaurikid - Champagne bar
Do you mean the one just above the underpass, on the corner by the cut through to the big wheel?

We are either in a 260Z or a 280ZX, His car or mine!!!
Mind you we have talked about bring both as may be limited on the wine we bring back if we just take one car.
I'll have alook on the 350Z forum and see what that lot are up too.

Sean - shall I advertise the pre-Le Mans weekend there? and on the 300ZX forum?

Actually I've just had another thought! Thats two in one day !
If we are all there on the friday anyway and we are all in interesting cars (Z's or related ? ) is anyone going tobe curising the circuit ? We as the buttmonkeys will be ,we could all meet up to actually look at the cars ? Radical or what. I know a couple of favourite viewing areas ,no doubt others do as well , what does everyone think? It would be good to show the Z's faces for a change and the interest will be big based on past experience. So
long as you don't mind being joined by a variety of odd motors ,or at least a Skyline then I would be up for it . How many Z's do we think could do it ? I've only ever seen one every year apart from mine .
The champagne bar is where you said Suzy,as long as they dont move it !!!!!
See you there then !!!

Great idea Smaurikid ! I know one of the Track Marshalls at Indianapolis and suggest there ! Bring some cool boxes and a light picnic and watch the other poseurs drift round ! Not wanting to be known as a Scrooge but it would be cheaper than paying village prices !
Suzy - post it wherever you can - the more the merrier !

I shall be bringing at least one, maybe two Zs - I think I can count on at least 2 others, for the rest, who knows !

OK, you've seen the article in the latest mag, along with my mug-shot, !

I want to know more of numbers and names of people coming to the pre-Le Mans weekend and Le Mans - please !

Tickets need to be ordered by those who want to go to Le Mans (direct by yourselves - I've got mine already !), tickets will need to be ordered in January for Puy Du Fou, not expensive but in demand ! And events need to be discussed for the pre-weekend for which I need choices and numbers !

You can turn up at 'my' events and you have nothing to worry about, just enjoy your stay, let me win at karting if on the programme BUT I need to do my homework and for that I need YOUR input now !

Like the Spanish trip, if I don't get feedback, I'll take this off-line for the selected few !

Happened to be gliding round on the old E Bay and guess what .......people are already selling tickets for this year . Sure sign that its fully booked . Are you all booked ,if not you may think about this as a lot of tickets may have gone. Loads of people have been caught out this year , including the TVR car club :D . Do we know how many people are going down , and perhaps just as important how many cars are going down? Also is anyone going in the tunnel on the thursday ?
Who else is driving dover calais ? Just so I know if I shall be waving at anybody .
Why is it this busy this year does anybody know ? Why am I so excited about it - does anyone know that eh ? :eek:

Only 5 weeks to go !!!! Are you all still gonna be out and about on the Friday - do you mind being visited by a Skyline? Last we said was something bowt indianapolis? How many are going to be there?
And Sean - is you car done yet ? How does 400 Bhp feel in a 240 ?

Meeting up at Indianopolis at 16:00 for a bit of a show-off ! After that, I thought we'd have a BBQ at our camping (Expo) to which you're all invited (let me know beforehand for numbers so I can get the grubb etc in) !

No Z, and who the hell wants 400 bhp in a Z ! My 250 will be quite sufficient thankyou !

Back