JDM Foot rest grip

Ped

Club Member
Can anyone remind me who makes the 3d printed optional JDM foot rest grips (see image below)?

I came across the original JDM foot rest I picked up and restored ages ago hiding in my workshop.

It just needs the grip to complete it, and then I'll offer it up for sale on here.

I would consider selling it without the grip if these are unavailable.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 17.12.50.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 17.12.50.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

richiep

Club Member
I saw them for sale somewhere in the last few days, but can’t remember where. I’ll have to figure it out!

I may be interested too - one of the details sadly missing from my 71 Fairlady Z.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Thats right. I designed these matching the original measurements as close as I could, then had them set out to be printed in halfs so they could add them to the footrest. The image in Ped's first post is them printed on a sketletal form.

There is a part number for the footrest grip, but that is NLA.

I looked for ages at finding some ribbed floor matting, but the ribs weren't right, not enough/too many/not the right shape, and as the rubber matting is wrapped round the footrest, the ribs/gaps between them splay and didn't look right. I suspect the original design was done so the grip would be made in its tube form. So, I got them printed in plastic. Hard wearing, and the biggest thing is they look right.

I find its harder to find footrests in Japan at a reasonable price now.

Here is a thread covering the JDM/Option footrest I started on classiczcars.com;

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/63606-jdmoption-footrest-differences/

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
If you want one drop me a line, I have very few left and don't fancy another print run with all the cost and no sales.