JapShow at the Pod 9/10/05

Mr.F

Inactive
For privileged Club entry you need to be there between 7-00am and 8-00am. Public entry begins at 8-00am and until that time green pass holders will be able to skim past the queuing public to enter more quickly and be directed to Club spaces. After 8-00am it will be chaos.....

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Gutted I won't be there.

Have a good time folks.

I'll be at a party full of 18 year old girls. Ain't life a bitch???

Mr.G

Club Member
Have you read this months SEZ newsletter where it describes some of the entertainment on offer at the Pod?

"....scantily clad ladies and a shoot-out for some of the quickest contenders" :)

Wyn

Club Member
Good luck to all the Zeditzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz there
clap.gif

May the lord be witth you :D

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Well guys what a surprise​

Z apathy strikes again,
some 20+ tickets were given out on the understanding that attendance was expected and low and behold, well lets guess how many attended.​

Half that many

Those that did come enjoyed good weather, some great cars (and some carp) some great driving (and some really carp), Note -- Scooby and Skyline drivers might have great cars with 10 billion HP but the majority cant launch for toffee, even some of the pro shoot out guys fluffed it..

Anyway ........Big ups for Peter Macdonald, who beat his PB AND set a new UK NA record of 14.87 for the slick top

There were a few disapointments though:(
Mark Watkins had a tough time with Ratz and had to retire.
Gavin Balmer couldnt come (possibly due to drive shaft issues).
Dave Porter couldnt run (hadnt finished running his engine in).

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Pi$$ Poor Responce from this club. No wonder we dont get a good show spot any more.
25 spaces available. Only 20 takers and then as Steve said a 50% turnout on the day.

Hooooooooooooooge presence from many clubs including 300ZX Co UK.
25 spaces allocated 25 tickets given out + waiting reserves. 26 cars on the day .

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear of the low turn out but you just can't force people to go, just make sure you enjoyed the day for yourselves. Well done Pete for getting a new PB, It's a shame that we can't make more of an effort to show off our great range of cars.
Keep the Faith!!!!

Nick...

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I was there in spirit, and sad I couldn't get along in person due to events outside my control ('er indoors). Next time folks.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
No Nick you cant force people to go but those that have phoned up, asked for a pass and received it (postage costs, time effort etc) should at least have the curtesy to either come or phone to say they cant

Mr.G

Club Member
I was there Steve but unfortunately I never saw you to say hi.

Shame also to see only 1 240Z on the strip, where was yours? I thought you'd be there battling to beat your personal best. :)

240z

Club Member
Have to just hang my head in shame.. :( :(

Although I have to say I am just as gutted to not be able to turn up.. Last minute, I had to run my monthly club night, as the replacement DJs let me down..

I still had hopes to get there, and drive down at 4 in the morning, straight after the club and not sleep... but those plans were put a stop to, I didn't think it was that irresponsible though.. but my powers of persuasion let me down..

Really annoyed as I thought the low temps might get my times down even lower as well...

I also heard about the Norris designs EVO - would loved to have seen that!