Japanese Performance Weekend

Mr.F

Inactive
The Japanese Performance Weekend is to be held at Santa Pod Raceway on 19th and 20th June. This is a Club based meeting purely for Japanese cars. There will be Club displays, camping facilities available, RWYB competition for all (but including some of the fastest Jap cars in the U.K.), Jet car demos, trade stands, side shows, evening entertainment and more.

The Z Club has arranged a thirty car space in the pits for you to display and use as a base from which you can participate in the RWYB if you wish. This is more than just another RWYB, so don't be afraid to attend just to show. Mark Watkins has promised that the newly rejuvenated RatZ will be there and he hopes to be high up the order of fastest cars.

Entry is £12 per day per person or £25 for the weekend including camping and evening entertainment. Signing-on for RWYB will cost £12 for three runs - remember your driving licence. Kids under 13 free, grandstand seats free. Gates open Saturday 8am.

For entry to the Z Club pit area you will need a Priviliged Vehicle Pass which you can obtain from Mike Feeney beforehand - phone 01277 374201 NOW!

Mr F, it looks like that we can have our own drag race in the 30 car space you have booked. One 350Z and one 240Z!!!!!
SURELY somebody out there is interested in coming???
Out of 600 members how many of you have ever seen RatZ run in anger???
And the jet car will probably run a mid 6 sec quarter mile.
But I suppose youve all seen Jet cars run before, being how nearly everyone on your street has got one!!

I'm coming :)

As you know, I have no car to fill up one of the spaces, but i will be there none the less.

It'll be good to see Ratz, lets hope the car is well and it manages to post some good times.

Also want to see that Skyline run a 10.1 !!!

Not sure if I'll be there Saturday or Sunday yet.

sorry mike but we are unable to make it once again due to this clashing with a championship gurston round. I would still love to come to one of the meetings to run the car up the strip and will get there one day. Have a good one ben and dee

I just saw this and thought...mmmmm.
Am new to the 'z' thing and loving it, already met some top people so me, the wife and the little un will be there Saturday in our 300TT.....looking forward to it...definately!

Don't forget to call for your privilige parking pass to join the Club on pit side.
Also, would recommend ear defenders for the little 'un!

At the end of Day 1 of the Japanese Performance Weekend, I can confirm that there will be plenty of room for the entire Z Club to attend on Sunday in the "little" patch they have supplied us. I'm embarrassed that only three cars parked in it for any significant time today - the rest were too busy polishing in the "Best of Show" arena or running up the strip with a freedom rarely associated with a RWYB.

If you should change your mind and want to attend tomorrow (Sunday), park up in the public car park and search me out for one of the few remaining Priviliged Vehicle Passes.

RatZ is looking strong - ran a lazy-ish 10.18 and looking good for nines tomorrow. Fireforce 2 jet car ran 6.05 at 235mph late in the day, so a five second pass might be on the cards. All the fastest Skylines, 200SXs, Supras, Scoobys, Type-Rs etc. are there, so where are the fastest Zs? Or aren't there any................

Wish I could Mike, as you know..wheel bearing problem..really sorry I missed it...next time though,,without fail!

Hope the turn out is better tomorrow!

The weather killed what should have been a great day on Sunday! Morning runs O.K. and the trade and pro pits geared up for some seriously fast machinery. Mark Watkins put in a 10.28 nitrous test pass with RatZ, pulling the front wheels like the old days and then the heavens opened and the track never really dried out after that.

Diehards who stayed later than me will probably tell you that the end of the day was fantastic, nine and ten second runs every other pass, records set etc., but I was home watching the Brickyard debacle by then...................

Thanks to all who gave their support over the weekend and my apologies for the British Summer weather.

Back