Japanese market Fairladys for sale....

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
http://www.tradecarview.com

From earlier Zs to 1999 spec Z32s etc...

1488655_3.jpg

1507958_2.jpg

The red car (260 - 240 lookalike) what a beauty!

How much to get it on my drive?

Have not seen this site before, great find. I worked out the cost including shipping of the red motor would be £7500, but not sure if there is some sort of import duty at this end?

Very nice motors on there!

Have not seen this site before, great find. I worked out the cost including shipping of the red motor would be £7500, but not sure if there is some sort of import duty at this end?

£7500? No way.

I think you have completely misunderstood the 'asking' price.

Try adding another zero on the end.........

phhewww. thanks alan.

i was thinking what the hell am i doing restoring my import which will cost double that.

I just put in a price in Euro and it came out just over E8000, wow, but then there is shipping, port duties, 25% vrt( not sure if you pay vrt in the UK) 21% vat

Still would work out a cheap car, lots of other nice z's on there too!

I think they are just looking for an offer as the price is listed at $10 million dollars US, ie £730,000

I misread the decimal point.

if yopu look at my link above i think you'll find they made a mistake, why ask 10 million for a 260z and 3 million for a 240z?

they have made the mistake, the price is 1 million. if you use the search you will see 240z's for around the 3 million mark, the red 260z is 1 million

OK - if we 'presume' just for the sake of argument that the price is 1 million JPY, can you tell me why you think that particular car would be put up at an asking price that is so much less than other examples which have an - arguably - lower ( custom ) spec?

You can buy an S30 or S31 in Japan for between 700,000 JPY and 1,500,000 JPY - but I can guarantee you that they are not going to be very good at that price. There's no secret to it. That's just the market level. Half of the early Zs that Tradecarview will link you to are the current stock of FLEX Auto Review. If you go to any of their dealerships in Japan you will soon see that the better examples are well over 2 million JPY and a you'd want to go over 2.5 million to start getting anywhere near the level that would not need work of some sort.

I believe the red S31 with black overfenders, '432' emblems, gold RS Watanabe 8-spokes and 3.1 engine is marked up with a 'sakura' price. That is - an unfeasibly high number that is intended to attract your attention and get you talking to the owner off-site. A bit like UK market 240Zs on eBay UK that are marked up at £35,000.......
To be honest, even breaking the car in Japan an selling off the bits would easily net more than 1 million JPY. The 'Datsun Compe' steering wheel alone would sell for 70,000 JPY.....

And anyone who wants to buy one of these cars at the current exchange rate would be well advised to be patient, and hope that in the near future it gets back to something like it was a couple of months ago.

only one way to find out, ill send them an e-mail, say the red s31 in the picture above is 10 million yen, there is another red s31 with gnose for less than 2million yen, i cant honestly see 8 million yen in the difference.

If there is that much of a differnce ide rather have 5 s31's with the gnose

only one way to find out, ill send them an e-mail, say the red s31 in the picture above is 10 million yen, there is another red s31 with gnose for less than 2million yen, i cant honestly see 8 million yen in the difference.

You're not getting it. The marked 'price' isn't what they expect to get for it. Like I said, it's a 'sakura' ( cherry blossom ) ruse intended to attract interest and curiosity. I don't think anyone in Japan would think that was a real price, or even a typo. If you think that car will sell commercially for around 1 million JPY then I'm afraid you might be being a little naive.......

also is this an origonal zg 240? would that be cheap?
http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan_car/nissan/fairlady+z/1480835/
Jay

Yes, that's a real HS30-H model Fairlady 240ZG by the looks of it - although you would want to see the full 'shakken sho' and inspect the car properly to prove that it is not a replica disguised as the real thing.

Price of 3.5 million to 4 million JPY is about right for a decent everyday driver Fairlady 240ZG in need of a little tidying. Top notch examples are changing hands these days for double that. Those ones you won't see on tradecarview.com or going through general auctions.....

think i understand where your coming from..................

that 240zg is nice, wouldn't mind that myself!

Bottom line is that there is no secret worm hole in space that leads to super-cheap Japanese market S30/S31s. If there was, you'd see more of them in Europe......

There was an 'importer' ( port auction buyer more like ) on here a couple of years ago who was trying to find punters to buy early Japanese Zs for around a million Yen FOB. He was convinced they were great cars, but when he put up the auction sheets ( which he could not read ) they were all munters. Don't think anyone bought one. And that was with a good exchange rate.....

Good ones change hands for decent money, believe me.

The Red car with the black overfenders & gold RS Watanabe 8 spoke wheels from the interior shots has a later 260z dash & door cards but has early 240z light units and surround and has no rear quarter badges or holes ?.

The Red car with the black overfenders & gold RS Watanabe 8 spoke wheels from the interior shots has a later 260z dash & door cards but has early 240z light units and surround and has no rear quarter badges or holes ?.

Dave,
It's a modified car.......

What you are calling the "260Z dash & door cards" are actually the stock S31 Fairlady Z-L items. The tail panel has been modified with the earlier light units and surround, but it is a mistake to call them "240Z" units when the same basic design was applied across the whole domestic and export S30-series Z range from the very start of production. Let's try to discuss Japanese market versions whilst using the correct Japanese market terminology.

The original quarter panel emblems have been deleted, and the original vent holes filled.

Modified car........

Dave,
It's a modified car.......

What you are calling the "260Z dash & door cards" are actually the stock S31 Fairlady Z-L items. The tail panel has been modified with the earlier light units and surround, but it is a mistake to call them "240Z" units when the same basic design was applied across the whole domestic and export S30-series Z range from the very start of production. Let's try to discuss Japanese market versions whilst using the correct Japanese market terminology.

The original quarter panel emblems have been deleted, and the original vent holes filled.

Modified car........

Alan,
Is it a fairly common trend in Japan to modify S31 rear panels to accept S30 lights and surrounds? I ask as I've come across numerous cars in Japanese auctions, dealer pages, Youtube videos, and on other sites with that mod, including one Fairlady 240ZG replica that certainly looked the part externally (similar appearance to your real car) but had the telltale S31 interior. Some of them had also eliminated the large holes in the lower rear valance too. Is this a style/taste thing? Does it reflect a preference for the earlier S30 details in the Japanese market?

On the general topic, I never get tired of looking at, or searching out new sources of pics of S30 Fairlady Zs - inspirational value in the ongoing development/correction of my car's details.

There is also one UK importer I know of currently offering a '72 S30 FairladyZ-L for £6k (not landed- still in Japan), but we are talking tatty (given the basic impression from the two small pics I've seen). I suspect, once all other costs are included, that, as put by Alan, we are talking a port auction munter and the money might be better invested elsewhere (unless the JDM heritage was very important and money was available for burning!).

Back