Inside a gearbox

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
If anyone has ever wonder what the hell it's like inside a gearbox, well here's the answer. Thought I'd teach my box a lesson today as it a nasty, crunchy pile of scrap, so wipped of the front section to leave it feeling all nekkid! There's a few nice chunks missing from some of the teeth which no doubt go a long way to explaining the boxes anti-social behaviour ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

• g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 48
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 43
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 41
  • g4.jpg
    g4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 38
  • g5.jpg
    g5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 39
grolls said:
mmmm.... looks nice n greasy, by the way you need a better lawn mower!:D

No I don't, I need a smaller lawn ;)

The thought of oil and weeds though has crossed my mind, damn soil around here is way to fertile for it's own good!!

Cheers,
Rob

Attachments

• panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 62
and unfortunately, looks like your trans needs a total re-gear! Amazed it didn't explode:eek: ! I'll bet that was noisy! :D
"Titchmarshwally"

completewally said:
missus wally just pointed that out to me ! :eek:

see, her and me just have sex n gearboxes on our minds! gearbox would be an English slang word,well, oh never mind!;) :D

Sheesh, she's just explained that to me as well! :eek: :rolleyes: (as she rolls around on the floor trying not to wee herself) :eek: I can see now that im gonna have to bring her along next meet-up. Gearbox indeed ! :D She says hi anyway Grollsy !

Ah, the stump, remnants of a slightly crappy pine that blocked too much light. Keep meaning to stick a bird table on top of it to keep the chirpy things happy. That of course would require more effort on my part than doing nothing at all, so is very low on the priority list ;)

Surprisingly the box wasn't noisy whilst running. It was just a biatch to get into 1st and second, requiring more double de-clutching skill that I'll ever possess. Still it's nice to have it out and hopefully I'll be able to replace it with something more substantial!

Cheers,
Rob

Keep it down you pervs ;)

Hi Rob.
Are cog's available to do a recon? The reason I ask this ,is because
then I could get rebuilt a spare box with choice gearing.
DJZ 60.

Dunno mate, I've got no intention of wasting money trying to get that box rebuilt so I've not looked into it. Mr. F might know the answer to that on though. I'm looking at finding a true viable alternative box at the moment.

Cheers,
Rob

Back