I need the z club to verify the age of my 240z

Shelbz

Forum User
I own a Datsun 240z series one (1971) which I brought from a fella who imported it in 2015. I have been working on the car and collecting parts for about two years now and I want to register. The car was imported from the USA (California) and has been converted from LHD to RHD.

I have not got the nova paper work but it should be cleared online from the import fees. I do have the USA California nova title. I need an age inspection to be able to fill out a v55/5 form.

I live in Essex, Basildon and the workshop is in Dagenham Essex that’s where the car is stored/ worked on. Is it possible you guys and girls could help me through the process please?

Sincerely
Scott Farnham

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi Scott, the club does have some support for dating & registering cars, but it's only available to paid members (since it takes time and effort).
https://zclub.net/?page_id=1818
Just to avoid any potential confusion: The Z club is just a club - it's not a business and you have to do a lot of the leg work even after you subscribe :)

I own a Datsun 240z series one (1971) which I brought from a fella who imported it in 2015. I have been working on the car and collecting parts for about two years now and I want to register. The car was imported from the USA (California) and has been converted from LHD to RHD.

I have not got the nova paper work but it should be cleared online from the import fees. I do have the USA California nova title. I need an age inspection to be able to fill out a v55/5 form.

I live in Essex, Basildon and the workshop is in Dagenham Essex that’s where the car is stored/ worked on. Is it possible you guys and girls could help me through the process please?

Sincerely
Scott Farnham

whats the vin number?

Shelbz

Forum User
Well only paper work I have is the California title, and I was advised that I need the car age verifying

Shelbz

Forum User
Hi Scott, the club does have some support for dating & registering cars, but it's only available to paid members (since it takes time and effort).
https://zclub.net/?page_id=1818
Just to avoid any potential confusion: The Z club is just a club - it's not a business and you have to do a lot of the leg work even after you subscribe :)

that sounds fair enough, what do I need to do then fella

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Of course it's on the US Vin, that's why he's concerned about the Nova database and the US title. Nowhere in his post does he suggest that he's trying to pretend it's a UK car (which would have its own registration already).

If his bulkhead Vin doesn't match the paperwork Vin, he's got a whole different level of problem.

Last edited:
Of course it's on the US Vin, that's why he's concerned about the Nova database and the US title. Nowhere in his post does he suggest that he's trying to pretend it's a UK car (which would have its own registration already).

If his bulkhead Vin doesn't match the paperwork Vin, he's got a whole different level of problem.

I didn’t say it did. However he could easily date the car if it had a US vin. That’s all I asked a couple of times as it’s an easy way to help.