HybridZ

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
In the interests of continued constructive discussion and to cater directly for a passionate minority (albeit it increasing), I'd like to propose to this website that a section be created for hybridzs /zxs - ie all those cars that have non L series engines (240Z-280ZX) and non VG30 engines (Z31-Z32) - let's assume that the 350s aren't yet ready to exchange their engines :)

What do you say ?

Rather Than Give Russ Shed Loads More Work To Do

Why Not , Just Start At The Moment With A Thread Or Threads Specifically Around The Subject I.e : What Hybrid Z Have You Got Or What Have You Built

None Hybrid Z Comments Are Not Rquired On This Thread And Please If They Appear Could The Moderators Of This Forum Please Remove

Run It Alongside A Pole

It only takes a second to create a forum, but I don't want too many forums or it'll all get strung out.

How about we see what HybridZs posts we get and if it takes off I'll add one, soon as I have removed a couple (which will be soonish).

Cheers

right i'll start us off then

i know of these engined hybrids:
jag V12s allegedly
rover V8s different cc
chevy V8s different cc
Z31turbo with nitro
skyline GTR
supra 2.5 twin turbo

but lets have specifics

Forums? I assume this is meant for this bb?

Deffo a good idea that then imho :cool:
tbh I look at this bb sometime n think where should this thread actually go, bit higgledy piggledy at times lol ;)

Be good to have all the suggestions/mods pics etc under the one section

The HybridZ section sounds good :cool:

Does get a pain in the butt looking at all the diffo sections that may or may not have any relevant info imo

Then have that section broken into the various parts, engine, brakes, bodywork etc; sort of how it is now but only HybridZ will be applicable :)

Ok, hmm forget the body bit, cos its gotta look std or you isn't comin in :p

Big brakes are a must tho :D

bre-mini_big_brake_kit.jpg

Pass me the tissues :D

Sounds like a great idea guys. I hope we can all find a way to fill it with useful information and good natured banter!

A hybrid Z, as I see it, is any Z not fitted with what came as standard. Some may and do argue that 'as long as it was an L series' or 'as long as it's a nissan motor then' .... However I don't think trying to define what a hybrid Z is and is not, should be the key here. A lot of the people on this site have developed their engines in non standard ways with non standard bits, lets leave this thread/forum open for whatever crazy possibilities or realities are suggested and try to prevent this section becoming boring and or V8 elitist (God forbid).

In respect of Moderation rules a Quote lifted from HybridZ in the US put's it quite eloquently

Remember, this is a Hybrid site. Do not ever get on the purist Datsun/Nissan soapbox or promote Datsun/Nissan only swaps. The Admins/moderators will not tolerate this. The mere mention of keeping your Z "all Datsun" will be frowned upon. Several other sites exist for this mindset.

How about this little movie to start off the comments?

http://album.hybridz.org/data/509/5-26-05_6_48.wmv

Hope the link works.

Steve

Wyn,

He's got a twin turbo 383 stroker small block chevy. The filmed run was a 6.48 @ 109.5 over an 1/8th mile which was his slowest that day. The next was 6.30 @ 112, equivalent to a 9 second quarter, which had him banned from the track as he was running, in principle, a 'street car'. The guy in question drives more on the road than the track and as you can see his car looks pretty standard externally apart from a light internal tub.

It just made me smile when I saw it, I love the 'sleeper' principle, sometimes it does not pay to advertise;)
That's what my little project is all about, I don't want to change the external and internal appearance of the car, I want to try to keep the car looking as stock as possible , just not under the bonnet:D !

Steve I thought I could hear a wisssss of turbo/s :D
Mental car that and looks the part.
Modded road cars is my thing. Imho anything goes under the bonnet/box/brakes etc but it's gotta look a stock from outside as poss. Change in stance is cool, but not that drag look (unless its at Santa Pod ;) ) Gotta be able to go around the corners aswell as it goes on the straights, not much use for shoppin else :D

Now where did I put that lotto ticket :D

Great idea Sean, an inclusive part of the forum "One club, all the cars".

There are many many similarities for example between the car Dave is building for you and the one Laurence is building for me. Apart from the engine and box they will share a lot of ideas because after all, a heavily modified six may have different brakes, suspension, (yours will have different steering), different engine (albeit same series) different carbs / throttle bodies, wheels, tyres, exhaust etc.

In my book (which is admittedly only small and does not have much in it) that makes the state of the art sixes almost HybridZ anyway !

Great vid Steve :D There are quite a few about, maybe we should post some links when we find them, there must be loads on the US site.

I'm game for all this, I have created the forum now for talk of these Hybrid Zs. I will clear up the other forums later, but for now you nutters need a home :)

Must admit the only reason I am here was because I saw a video from www.darius240z.com, otherwise I'd never have found Z cars (imagine all the free time and money I'd have now though).

Don't forget our club shop sells the JTR book "Datsun V8 Conversion Manual".

Wyn,

Sorry can't do the club shop link, but I can do the JTR site which has got ordering facilites on there if you bring up blanks here. Also there are a couple of extracts of the manual you can download as samples. It is a very good book, well worth the investment.

www.jtrpublishing.com

I'd offer to copy mine but I think it's a bit out of date, in fact I'd love to know what the most up to date edition is now.

Cheers

On-line shop under construction, in the mean time you can phone your orders through to the Z Club shop - Alan on 01480 432304 (eves)

Datsun V-8 Conversions £20
Hoe to modify yout Datsun/Nissan OHC £16.95
and many more

Yeh its cheaper to buy from here than ship from the states, and if I remember JTR visit the post office once a month because its miles away from them :D

I think my shop photo cd may have arrived in the post this evening so I'll see what I can do by Sunday.

I know what you mewan about JTR's postage Russ, it took over 6 weeks to get mine.

If the shop has an updated version I may invest in another.

Back